SV with equilibrium brine?

I’ve searched the net and haven’t found a good answer, so I thought I would throw it out here.

For this discussion, the brine is salt or salt/sugar - no curing salts, so safety with that stuff is not a concern.

I love to equilibrium brine pork and chicken because it takes timing out of the equation and there’s (theoretically) no risk of over salting. My process is to wash the protein, place in a vacuum bag, add a bit of water, then add about 1.75-2% salt to total weight and chamber seal. It goes into the fridge for a few days (minimum time depends on the thickness of the protein).

So, my question is, after the bag reaches equilibrium can I just throw the bag in the sous vide like normal? Logic in my mind says, yes. Since it’s an equilibrium brine, it shouldn’t matter. Any thoughts?

For background, normally brining involves higher concentrations of salt and washing of that off the protein before proceeding. I’m simply considering eliminating that step because the brine and protein are at equilibrium.

I have a feeling I’m just going to have to try it out and see how things go.