Anyone confit chicken?

I’m making cassoulet tomorrow and didn’t have access to reliable duck on short notice, so I’m making confit chicken legs using duck fat. Seems like it can’t really go wrong, but curious as to whether others due this. As per serious eats/food lab I’ve simply used chicken in the past, but thought the confit method might take it up a notch. Otherwise, I’m using rancho Gordo’s cassoulet beans, and some home-cured pork belly. Haven’t decided on my sausage component yet but will likely pick something up from a local butcher who always has a good range.

haven’t done chicken but I don’t see why it won’t work.
I was served confit rabbit seared in a salad recently, which was excellent.

Have personally done only duck with cassoulet, but have had confit of chicken at a local place, and it was great. Your using duck fat should get it closer to what you are looking for in the dish.

I’ve done it with chicken a few times but I used thighs, since your ultimately putting into a dish with so many other ingredients it should be fine.
Good luck

I’ve done confit with chicken and turkey dark meat, but never put it in a cassoulet. If you’re stuck with chicken, then I’d think that the confit method would be the best approach. The duck fat and the cooking method definitely improves the end result.

Just brown the chicken in duck fat. No need to confit it. Take a look at this recipe. I use it as my base and it is delicious.

Gerard I’ve seen that, in fact referenced in OP; and I’ve made cassoulet with chicken and been happy, but looking for another gear here. FWIW the chicken is done and I think I’ve found what I needed. The only question now is when to add the chicken. I can add early or crisp under broiler and add last minute.