NEED HELP food sugestion for Fargo and Grand Forks ND UPDATED

I have to be in Fargo and Grand Forks for our Daughter’s skating competition and am in need for place to get food nothing fancy for both my wife and me as well as for our daughter. She is not a finicky eater she eats with us all the time so dose not have to be kid food. TIA for any guidance offered

GRAND FORKS YOU SAY?!?!

I hear the Olive Garden is nice, but Marlyin likes the KFC, Subway, and Pizza Ranch (for real though if you’re not familiar with Pizza Ranch you should give it a try).

http://www.grandforksherald.com/accent/food/2350615-eatbeat-long-awaited-olive-garden-receives-warm-welcome

Wow when I was growing up in the Twin Cities I remember having a rivalry with Iowa and certainly Wisconsin but we really never said much about the Dakotas’ mostly I thought it was because living there was punishment enough no reason to kick a person when they are down.

No really I am hoping this is not just a vast waste land of chains and crap. I have done my homework on decent places but was hoping for either a confirmation they are good or some real intel on what is available and good

Fargo is actually a pretty nice place - oil money has been good to them. Hotel Donaldson was James Beard Semi-finalist and is worth a stop.

WAYYYYYYYY TOOO NICE looking for more of one of a kind places like a great biscuit place that happen to be there or the only place in ND to get a burger is… that is what I need. again TIA

Sneak a hot plate and canned chili into your hotel room.

Heard good things about the Radisson

It allows hot plates?

Good luck, Larry

With skating competition or food search…or both?

Not sure of your route, but…If you stop in Rochester on the way, I’ll treat you to some awesome NY style pizza and great deserts.

Looks like a bunch of interesting places on Yelp.

Every time I have been in Grand Forks, I’ve gone to Toasted Frog.
Are at the bar bymyself and with colleagues.
Had ok steak most times.
Decent beer and wine as wel.

IJOwQJsFi9I

Yes i check trip advisor and yelp was just hoping for some real experience. The online reviews are suspect at best and often a bit misleading. I try and see if it is someone i may have take information from before and then can verify better. It was a long shot

Thanks this is the exact kind of information and review i was hoping to get

Given the Olive Garden as benchmark, even a Boiled Frog may be acceptable.

Olive Garden had a full spread in the local paper and was much anticipated. My Daughter has a team meal there I would rather go with out personally. However a bunch of 10-14 year old girls like buttered noodles even if ill prepared with some Parm and Pepper. I will be looking for something a bit more advanced or just a ton of ALC!

Funny, they have frog legs as an app. Last time I was there (October), I wanted to get them.
The waiter said they don’t have them any more, because no one ever orders them lol.

They also had pizzas that looked good, but I’ve never ordered one.

Not sure I agree. I look at reviews for my hometown at places I am familiar with and I generally agree with the reviews so I wouldn’t say it’s all misleading. TripAdvisor especially seems to match up well with my personal experiences. YMMV.