Steaks - Randall Lineback

Has anyone had steaks produced from Randall Lineback heritage breed? Are they flavorful and well marbled as either ribeye of NY strip? The reason I ask is that we have a producer nearby that I’m thinking of trying for New Year’s Eve. I’ll probably do a warm smoke to cook them if they have sufficient fat.

Had a good visit to Firefly Farms in North Stonington, CT to pick up some Randall Lineback steaks. They had a nice marbling pattern. These folks are relatively new to ranching and are certified humane meat producers. They seem to exclusively raise heritage animal breeds. While there I picked up some veal osso bucco and smoked bacon. Will know by Sunday whether the meat is flavorful and tender. If interested this is the farm website … http://www.fireflyfarmsllc.com .

I think you mean “humane.” Amazing the difference one little letter can make. :wink:

Yep ! Thank you Sarah.

Well I can report that warm smoked Randall Lineback steaks to medium rare are absolutely delicious. The meat is incredibly flavorful with a touch of smoke and no sauce. As expected the 1983 Chateau Margaux and 1995 Ridge Monte Bello paired perfectly.

Link to meat and wine pics … EnoViti: Happy New Year 2017!