Costco beef PSA

I was just in the Seattle Costco (which is a nightmare this time of year), and they had whole prime beef top loin (NY strip whole loin if I have the terminology right) for $8.49/lb. and an addition $25 off per package. I got a 14.3 lb one for what worked out to $6.60/lb. Tonight I will section and vacuum seal. Their prime NY strips are ~$15/lb. I also picked up a prime rib roast for Xmas night with the inlaws.

Adam - same deal on the east coast. It happened around last year at this time, as well. Another board member brought over 2 whole loins for dry aging yesterday. This is generally Great QPR.

It’s amazing people pay over 2x for pre-cut NYS when the whole loin is right next to it!

Is the $25 off a coupon or an in-store promotion? I have a rib loin on deck for Christmas as discussed in another thread, but would gladly grab more meat if I could get $25 off. Choice strip loins were $4.99/lb last time I was there.

I think it was in store only.

In store only. Went yesterday and they only had two left and i couldn’t get a warm fuzzy about either one as regards to the internal marbling.
What seemed really weird was the price on whole choice top loins was $4.99/lb. Whole Paycheck sells hamburger in my market at 5.29/lb. I was just getting ready to start a thread on grinding your own hamburger. I’m thinking you could make a hell of a hamburger mix from choice top loins and prime rib roast trimmings.

Dang it. No sale at my Costco in so cal :frowning:

No sale here in Oregon either.

I wonder if it was just last weekend.

The last two years in my costco, it was only for the weekend preceding Christmas. They don’t really advertise it, just a printed piece of paper stuck on the butchers window. I have received notice each year from the fine folks on this board.

i did get a gorgeous bone in prime rib eye for $12.99 for a 2.75lber