Melbourne recs

I am traveling to Melbourne early next year. Looking for some recommendations on restaurants and day trips.

The only one restaurant on my list now is Attica

Also my friend and I are burgundy lovers. If any fellow aussie board members are interested in meeting for a offline tasting, we will be happy to do so.

David

When are you looking at coming David?

Attica is usually booked 3-4 months in advance, pretty hard to get into now days…

Town Mouse is fantastic. Very fun wine list, too, many BTG.

Saint Crispin I liked. Went on a Saturday though so was a bit crowded. Not rushed, but would have been more fun to speak to the Somm more on the tasting menu (with wine pairing).

Dear David,

Let me know when you are coming.

cheers

Anthony.

Paul,
I booked Attica as well as ESP. Really looking forward to them. Do you have any other recommendations?

thanks

Anthony

I will be there in early Feb. I would love to do a offline with fellow Aussie board members.

David

David,

The best other high end worth a look (depending on what you want - but not as good as what you have booked IMHO) are Vue de monde, Dinner, Ezard.

Lume was really interesting, if you like molecular, cutting edge food. Brae also supposed to be really excellent if you want to get out of town.

Other worth consideration include Rockpool, Coda, The press Club, Flower Drum, Spice Temple and
Minamishima.

I heard Igni and Embla are also very good, but haven’t been…

France Soir is a long standing BYO fave traditional French bistro food - lots and lots of cheaper and variety places everywhere, you won’t run out of good choices…