Former employee suing Tomas Keller, Per Se and TFL for discrimination.

Good on her, she got screwed.

Should be interesting to see how FL tries to defend this.

We’re only getting one side of the story with that article.

I would love to be part of that jury…

I have no doubt she will win by a landslide. If you have never been part of an employee / employer litigation in California, well let’s just say logic and reason have no part in that process.

5 million? Seems like she is looking to settle for a percentage of that…

First rule of sales, you can always discount but you can never go up in price. Always start high.

There is also a provision in the CA labor code that prohibits employers from inducing employees to move for a job based on false statements. I believe it authorizes attorney’s fees. pileon

I would also be curious how these actions affect her ability to work in a high end restaurant again.

Agreed from my experience. Right and wrong and simple facts have no part in that process, either. From my experience, if it gets this far both parties have dug their heels in and could be a rough ride.

JD

My daughter-in-law had a similar experience with another upscale Napa County restaurant about 20 years ago. She was a chef at a high end Cape Cod eatery and after 3 nights meals, the visiting owners of the St. Helena base restaurant offered her a job. When she arrived in St. Helena and went to the restaurant to start work, they only had room for an on-call sous chef. She had to find other work to survive. The good side of it is she met my son and now I have a grandson.