Menu Recos - Joe Beef & APDC

Headed back to Joe Beef & Au Pied De Cochon after a three year respite. Had the pasta/lobster (Joe Beef) and guinea hen (APDC) entrees last time. Aside from a FG starter, is there any entrée or wine list recos I should zero in on while there? Many thanks!

Too long sine I’ve been to Joe Beef. At APDdC, if you are having a Fg app, the stuffed pig’s foot may be a bit of overkill, but the pig’s head would work (particularly if it’s lo0bster stuffed.

I like the duck in the can as well

Only did poutine once in Montreal, at APDC, but thought that was worth it. Would say the DiaC is very good, but not great. It’s a fairly simple dish made of great ingredients.

If they’ve got a special, do that. Ours was the lobster sundae, with fried mashed potatoes, foie, lobster, and roe.

Love it … keep 'em coming!

O_O need a photo of that

Better still (can’t imbed)

Risotto

[mouth-drop.gif]

How can you go to Au Pied de Cochon, twice, but never order the Pied de Cochon stuffed with foie gras? Order that. If you are also ordering starters (the Temaki Tartare is great), you could probably split the PDC main course with your dining companion and still leave quite satisfied/full.

ok

Lobster Sundae. Picture does not do the size justice, each of those balls is about the size of a tennis ball. Under that is giant chunks of lobster and foie. Forget what the green stuff was.

at Joe Beef: split an order of the foie gras double down with your dining partner.

APDC: whatever they recommend.

Loved both.