• Heritage Farms
  • Lobel’s

0 voters

Best online steaks

Omaha

Would probably win if included in poll

Trump or Omaha.

Very funny!

The real answer is it depends on what exactly you are looking for.

Lots of online purveyors that provide different things for different demographics.

Exactly. DeBragga sells an A5 Miyazaki Wagyu that is out of this world but it’s totally different from, say, a Flannery aged ribeye, strip, etc. which is also amazing in its own way.

Thanks for the heads up. I’ve never had true Waygu before; this looks incredible, and way too tempting.

Does it come with cookies? newhere

If it helps we had an aged Strip steak blind competition recently where Flannery took the top 2 spots, followed by deBragga. I’m also a big fan of Creekstone but my old source doesn’t carry them anymore.

I know that you’re looking for Wagyu, but just adding that if you’re in the city, specifically in the East Village area, there’s a Japanese butcher-store called Japan Premium Beef that sells primarily Wagyushu cuts, which is a local cross-breed of Japan’s Wagyu cattle that are close to excellent. These are priced slightly lower than true Japanese wagyu. The butchers also sells Miyazaki beef cuts, although in limited quantities.

Thanks Ramon, I had never heard of them before and will have to stop by.

Mark - also be aware that a little A5 goes a long way. You’re not going to want to eat a whole steak by yourself.

We like it with a small, small, small drop of either high quality soy sauce or yuzu paste.

Jean-Michel Basquiat apt is above Japan Premium Beef. Where he died of a heroin OD. One of my favorite restaurants - 5 Points - used to be nearby - I passed by this door many times before finding out what it was.

should be a poll of “best you’ve had,” not just best. I bet most voters haven’t tried all the listed options.

I have had all, as well as Marx Foods, Fairway, Majinola (defunct) and Omaha.

Best is again subjective based on what you are looking for.

Agreed, when we did our blind strip steak taste off there was substantial disagreement (though a lot of that came from Brad disagreeing with everyone else).

Do you have a QPR favorite?

Also, wouldn’t there be a shit-ton of good butchers in Texas because of your proximity to cattle?

We don’t have a very good selection of real butchers here in DFW. The only true artisan butcher is in downtown Dallas.

As for QPR, buying in bulk from Marx for Wagyu is the way to go. Fairway for manageable quantity and Bryan for getting the very best product and exactly what you want.