blender suggestions?

Cuisinart blender died…any suggestions for a new one? I’ve had good success with some breville products in the past but never used their blenders. Use is generally smoothies and an occasional cocktail in the summer. It would live on the counter some hopefully it isn’t too massive, loud, or ugly.

thanks

-paul

get dat vitamix.

Just bite the bullet and get a Vitamix. Seriously. After probably a dozen different blenders over my lifetime, I’ll never use anything else. My wife uses ours to make her veggie smoothies almost daily. There are deals around sometimes, sign up for Williams Sonoma, they often discount, or offer 20% off with free shipping, though I think you can do better. We have a model 5200, which is about 10-15 years old, still works great. Costco has the equivalent model for $360 right now after $40 coupon.

Vitamin +1000

Get a Vitamix.

You can get a good deal on one if you are willing to buy a refurbished unit. They come with a 5 year warranty vs. a 7 year warranty for brand new.

Find one of these.
Waring Model 702A
image.jpg
image.jpg
Mine is older than me and all it does is work. Have had it all my life, was the hand me down at our summer cabin when I was growing up and I’m 55 now. All it has needed is a gasket. Makes short work of ice when blending Margaritas. As a bonus it’s retro!

Only downside is the 1qt capacity. BFD.

Whatever Yaacoc has scientific data to back up.

Buy the cheapest one you can find with an all metal drive shaft. I bought a $40 Oster, but with a solid metal motor shaft and it just keeps on ticking. I use it every morning to make veggie, nut, fruit smoothies and I have never had a problem, going on 10+ years. Had a cheaper, plastic drive unit and it broke within 2-3 years.

I have done everything in my power to destroy my Vitamix and it’s going on 14 years.

Ha!

Just get the Vitamix Pro. Seriously. I was pissed when my wife bought it. One soup later, total believer.

Just sayin’

There’s a half dozen of the Waring blenders on EBay right now.

Vitamix

Costco has Blendtec one week and Vitamix the other at all of our local outlets. Is there any actual difference in the two?

We currently have a Ninja Professional with all sorts of vessels from a large blender to unit dose bullet. I have no issues at all with it.

pretty similar the two brands in quality/power. Just vitamix has been around longer and it has far more commercial placement in restaurants. Blendtec gears toward more high tech style and Vitamix is more low tech.

I think basically whatever style you prefer is the one to select.

Dude chopped a 2X4 with a Blendtec.

#impressed

I gave up the Waring model above for my BlendTec after one too many frustrating exercises in trying to get anything thicker than orange juice to circulate in that jar. Having cycled through two or three consumer grade models before the Waring, I finally bit the bullet and bought the BlendTec. I can’t imagine ever using anything else (or needing to - the thing appears as though it will last forever). I will note, however, (as it was one of the primary considerations called out in the original post) that it is incredibly loud - loud enough that it probably would be considered disturbing the peace in most jurisdictions. Sound protection advised but you will not regret the purchase based on performance.

I have a Vitamix (from Costco) but also have a Nutra Ninja that I find myself using pretty much daily for smoothies. Can’t beat it for the price.

Exaggerate much? I make marinades in mine where I stuff it with green onions and garlic and it’s pureed in an couple seconds.

Vitamix.