Best (most interesting) Place For Breakfast In Portland OR

Go!

TIA

J

Breakfast, or brunch (weekend, or not)? In PDX it makes a big difference.

Tuesday. Late breakfast.

J

That trims the list considerably. But plenty of options still:

Most Portlandia spot - Sweedeedee
Most “European” - Broder Nord
Most cute neighborhood spot - Trinket
Most richly satisfying with outstanding Bloody Mary - Mothers Bistro
Most classic old school - Fuller’s

nice list John!

I’ll add:
Maurice which has pastry chef level creations both sweet and savory (downtown)

and a few in NE Portland:
Podnah’s pit opens at 11, because Barbecue!
Veridgris which is French/PNW
Sadly Muscadine is closed Tue and Wed. and Ha & VL is closed Tues as well.

Yeah Tuesday is a tougher day than most all right. Wasn’t sure Verdigris was open Tuesdays, but good call.

Maurice is my favorite lunch spot.

Paul will disagree, but there’s also Tasty 'n Alder. Must like rich food, as in butter-rich.

Fullers +1 - great old school spot

Maurice is fantastic! Sweedeedee is fun and also good.

[quote=“John Osburn”
Most “European” - Broder Nord [/quote]
I have eaten breakfast here 2x and dug it.

Sitting here in my son’s home in Beaverton, he says in PDX you could check out:
Tilt
Accanto
Broder
Pambiche (for brunch or anytime - great Cuban)
Jam (if you don’t mind the wait)
If you like donuts for Break - Blue Star (much better than VooDoo)

That is a given. I have already ate at Podnah’s twice this year and once at La Taq. Third time will happen in August for sure.

Thanks to Bob Wood for turning me on to that place and bringing some 7 of Hearts.

Jason

[welldone.gif] [welldone.gif] [welldone.gif]

I don’t know if you’ve seen the wine list there, but if you like Vieux Telegraphe (blanc or rouge), Jasmin Cote Rotie, Beaucastel, etc, their pricing is wine shop retail. It makes no sense and I feel obligated to support it whenever I can.

http://www.podnahspit.com/PDFs/menu_booze_1211211_copy.pdf

Quiet man, that BBQ and Cote Rotie is a great night. Usually a good bourbon available as well, perhaps better suited for breakfast.

Pine State Biscuits is my favorite, followed by Gravy. Only downside with the latter is that the line can get long. I liked Pine State so much that I bought a t-shirt.

Will probably swing by PSB in a couple of weeks on our way to Bandon :slight_smile:

Up for a glass when you play BD?

Quite possibly! Will PM you with details. I’m probably the only person that will spend 4 days there and not actually play BD :smiley: VRBO’d a beach house, dragging the wife and 4 kids down.

Thanks for the tip. I am generally so focused on beer when in restaurants in Oregon. But that is nice.

Jason

I used to hit up Fullers 40 years ago when working in the pre Pearl, you just ate breakfast there because it was a morning. Glad to see they have not been gentrified out! [cheers.gif]