NYC Lunches and Snacks

Already have a pretty strong dinner schedule set up. Was wondering if you guys had any suggestions for lunch/snacks around town. Could be expensive or cheap, fancy or down & dirty. Just looking for some can’t misses (especially some newer ones).

Thanks in advance for the help

Stop at a Lukes Lobster for a lobster roll

where are you planning to have dinner?
some favorite lunch places
Momofuku duck lunch, pork buns and everything else
ippudo (ramen)
Marta- pizza and other things East 29th street.
Sripraphai- 7 train to woodside queen -thai food
East Harbor Seafood- Brooklyn great dim sum weekends
Cull and Pistol- in Chelsea Market- fresh seafood raw oysters and cooked things fish tacos, octopus etc…
Maison Premiere -lots of oysters small seafood plates and cocktails in Williamsburg Brooklyn
Great NY Noodletown- 28 Bowery classic Hong Kong- rice and meat place cheap.

Gunter Seeger
Le Coq Rico (will probably cancel)
Ko
Chef’s Table at Brooklyn Fare

I have been meaning to check out Ippudo, but summer may not be the best season to do so!

Fine choices on your other recommendations (Never been to Sripraphai or Maison Premiere and both look great). Thank you!!!

Katz’s Deli on Houston St.
Russ and Daughters is a block away (take out).
Veselka’s on 2nd ave and east 9th street. Polish and Ukranian comfort food like mom made when you were a kid. ie killer blintzes.

Thanks Dan! As a native New Yorker, Katz’s and R&D’s runs through my veins…
Definitely will be doing R&D and Sable’s (mostly to see if my pic is still on the wall) for Bfast.

I like Suzanne’s list. However I was massively disappointed with ipuddo.

For ramen (agree that this isn’t the best time of year for that) we find Misoya on 2nd Avenue reliably good.

If you go to Cull and Pistol you can walk 15’ or so and pick up some great culatello at Buon Italia. The riserva is fantastic but the domestic is nearly as good at 1/3 the price. In either case, a delightful little snack.

Banh Mi in Chinatown or East Village.

Or Dizengoff for amazing hummus.

If you are including food that requires the purchase of bread or crackers then I’ll also add the salmon rillettes at The Lobster Place.

aldo sohm wine bar
(le bernardins bar room as well)

also, i’ll have to second marta for pizza and bubbles
lupolo and nomad bar are also in the neighborhood

Grand Central Oyster Bar…sit at the bar for a dozen (or more) oysters and a glass of crisp white wine. The bar at Charlie Bird.
Seven salsas with chips and guacamole at Empellon Taqueria (get the margaritas as well)

There’s one located in the Food Hall downstairs in the Plaza hotel. Recommend the Hall for nice choices, cost effective and fast

Let’s see, let’s see. Had a couple great lunches: Cull and Pistol (oysters, shrimp and lobster roll), Russ and Daughters and Virgola (oyster weather I guess), followed by some a decent snack at BaoHaus, The Bao, Vin Sur Vingt and Turntable Chicken Jazz (among others). Thanks all for the suggestions.