What are the "must order" dishes at Lotus of Siam?

For those of you who have been to Lotus of Siam in Las Vegas in the last year or so, what are the current “must order” dishes there these days?

Thanks,
Bruce

The cooking and wine list have significantly declined since our dinner there. Check out Chada Street if Chada is closed. Both are better. Otherwise, the recommendations in response to your Facebook query seem current. I’ve had poor success lately with drunken noodles, compared to others’ rave reviews. FWIW, I was there a month ago.

Mark–we’ll be there on a Monday and both Chadas are closed.

Bruce

Panang curry with duck and whole bass with drunken noodles were always my two favorites. I also don’t think it is as good as it once was. Last time in Vegas in 2015, I didn’t even go there. First time in many years that I skipped a lunch or dinner there.

I haven’t been in a long time but I loved the Nam Kao Tod appetizer.

Larb

it’s too bad the wine list is a shell of itself. Now the wines are 2x retail like any other restaurant :frowning:

Agreed. To me this was always the “must have” dish.

So we’re back. I didn’t realize how much the dining area at LOS has expanded. I think the cooking has declined a tad due (at least in part) to the fact that they are having to crank out a LOT more food than in the past. Also, my dining companions mostly are wimps when it comes to spicy food. We ordered most dishes without heat (!!), and only got the crispy duck in curry up to a 3.

Having said that, the Nam Kao Tod was delicious (as always) and very popular at our table. The chicken larb was good but obviously lacking in spice due to my wimpy table. The garlic prawns were excellent, and the crispy duck in curry could have been spicier (but they were obviously conservative for us). I ordered a Donnhoff Kabinett, which drank more off-dry than the label suggested.

So even if LOS isn’t as incredible as it used to be, it was still a very delicious meal that my wimpy dining companions really enjoyed.

Bruce

We hit Chada last week. Was very bummed to see the wine list. Riesling list was depressing with only 2 older wines overpriced. The days of drinking cheap old Rieslings at these places are long gone…

Food was solid though…

My experience with Lotus of Siam is stick to the Northern Thai dishes. Otherwise come up to Portland and check out Lang baan - a tough reservation to get - but worth the planning. http://langbaanpdx.com/

Sorry I’m late on this one… We also love the Nam Kao Tod, and if you haven’t tried the Plar Dook O-Cha then I highly suggest it! Deep-fried whole fish with a slightly sweet slaw. OMG.