what's up with maison Pic?

Have sent 4 emails over the last week, trying to make a lunch reservation for next Tuesday - no answers, even though I tell them that there were multiple previous messages. (even checked the spam folder for responses)
The reservation engine on their website has been down at least all this week.

not acceptable for a supposedly great restaurant.
I know Sophie and her husband are out of town, but still

Is it really that great and worth further effort?

Call them.

Now there’s a novel idea.

I’ve been lucky enough to eat and stay at Pic 3 times. Every visit was memorable. It’s really worth the effort to try and go there. Plus, it’s a short drive to some of the best wines in the world, as you know.

+1

Call them what? newhere

thanks, but still not sure if I want to go at this time.
I worked in the kitchens of 2 three star restaurants in France and know that (depending on the kitchen) if the chef is gone for awhile, things can start to decay. Sophie’s husband is also gone and he runs the business end of the place.

Not responding to a train of 4 emails and having the website reservation engine broken for at least one week are things hard for me to overlook.

From my research, it’s probably not going to work out for you…

Philip,
I took a look at the reservations page at Relais & Chateaux, my preferred method of booking member properties as 5C membership has benefits. Maison Pic is unavailable to book through R&C’s website, too… Reserve by phone + 33 (0)4 75 44 15 32

You sent two emails too many. After the second, either call or book somewhere else.

sorry, too many bad vibes,

Booked lunch at Les Cedres

the stuff I mentioned would never have happened at the restaurants I worked at.

I have never seen anyone get as angry as Pierre Troisgros did if something went wrong. Jean could be scary too.

no one goes to le cedres anymore. it’s too crowded.

Because people can’t get into Maison Pic.

Hahahahahaha. Well played.

friends had two amazing dinners there 2 weeks ago, and a lunch, staying there on site. Don’t know how they made the reservation but it is still open.

maybe they’re outside repairing the Helipad ?

http://www.wineberserkers.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2035611#p2035611

Stayed on site a few years ago and had two amazing dinners. Wouldn’t hesitate to go back.

One of the best meals I’ve ever eaten…would go back in a heartbeat.