Chicago Dinner Reco's

Hello All,

My wedding anniversary is a week from tomorrow. Any suggestions for dinner ? Two caveats. First they have to be open on a Monday. Two they must accept outside wine.

thank you as always.

NoMi.

That’s a tough couple of caveats. I’d probably lean Naha, Blackbird or Sepia.

Blackbird or Sepia are solid choices. Confirm corkage at Sepia, they allow it but last time we went I got a few different answers as to the particulars. Haven’t been to NoMi in a long time and Naha is reliable but a bit disappointing our last visit a while back.

JD

Sepia’s corkage policy is printed on their wine list which can be viewed online. $25, 1 bottle per table, no large format, nothing on there list.

[quote=“Clayton Wai-Poi”]Sepia’s corkage policy is printed on their wine list which can be viewed online. $25, 1 bottle per table, no large format, nothing on there list.[/quot

Thanks, and I know. Didn’t help when I called to confirm and they contradicted the policy. It all worked out fine and I love the food but that doesn’t mean they had their it sh*t together, either. I also think that one bottle per table regardless of the party size is BS but, their house their rules. I chose to dine there anyway and will likely do so again. But, all things being equal, I’ll frequent places with policies I prefer.

JD

I din’t think Blackbird allowed corkage. Has this changed ?

Iirc it’s $25.

I’ve gone to NaHa before and had meetings where we opened outside bottles. Just email them ahead of time, also let them know you’re in the business.

Naha, ask for the corner window table. Wines are welcome

Thanks all. I’ll let you know where we go.