Help(!) - Restaurant Recs needed for OC this weekend

Alright guys - I’m in need of help. Our firm is heading to Orange County this Friday and Saturday (we’ll be staying in Costa Mesa) and we’re struggling to find reservations for dinner on both nights. There will be about 10 of us and there will be one 8 month old. (my daughter). Price range around $25-40 per person (prior to wine). A diverse, reasonably priced wine list is a major plus, particularly if it ranges beyond standard California wines).

We originally thought of Vaca and Gulfstream, but neither had any available tables for our group. We’re probably looking at a reservation time around 6PM-7PM. American, European cuisine would be best. This is all fairly last minute and it seems like many of the newer, interesting restaurants are likely booked up.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Well lucky for you Gulfstream didn’t have anything, they are way overrated. Vaca is a zoo, no way getting in there.

I bet the Ranch in Anaheim could accommodate and I think they are excellent+. Marché Moderne would be good too but doubt you could get the rez this late.

nor the 25-40 budget

Pizzeria Ortica

A few places down in Newport
Pizza nova (good draft beer List)
Pizzeria Mozza (it might be booked though) Sabatino’s (it also might be booked)
Blue water seafood

Fashion Island…There are a ton of restaurants…Great maple, R + D restaurant, true food kitchen…

Good luck!

fantastic choice. I’ve done a 12 person dinner there. Might be tough to get a res for that party this close

Agree. I went there a couple months ago. Super tasty.

Not sure if it would hit your price level but there is Zov’s in Tustin (it has be a long time since I’ve been) or Charlie Palmer.

Chapter One: the modern local or Memphis in downtown Santa Ana. Other place but they will probably be booked.

With a big group you might need to get off the beaten path.

Have fun!

Jason

where you been? Palmer and Memphis both closed some time ago.

hah. oops. been staying in north county or hitting Pueblo when in Costa Mesa.

If you like Italian, had a nice meal here:
http://www.francoligourmet.com