Outstanding Salad Recipe

Endive, Apple, and Celery Salad: http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/endive-apple-and-celery-salad-with-smoked-almonds-and-cheddar

I tried this out last night, and it was such a huge hit I had to share. Crunchy, bitter, sweet, and tangy. It holds well–leftovers were wonderful for breakfast this morning–and it will definitely be in regular rotation at my house.

I followed the recipe, except for: (1) using the apple variety on hand (Empire), and (2) doubling the amount of mustard (which I recommend). Next time, however, I’ll try omitting the cheese. Not sure what it added besides richness, which I don’t particularly look for in a salad.

Enjoy!

Endive, apple, cheese, and nuts is definitely a salad on heavy rotation in our house. A blue or roquefort adds a bit of interesting flavor, unless you are using a super funky aged cheddar I could see how a cheddar wouldn’t really stand out.

Belgian or curly endive?

putting this on pizza, as I do.

Belgian, a/k/a common chicory.

Aged cheddar isnt a super common add to salad in my experience, but cheddar complements apples well. I look forward to trying