Best Burger in Each State

Another list. Sure to generate “controversy.” But they are entertaining nonetheless.

I think I’m the only one that doesn’t get spotted pigs burger. Minettas is very good.

I think the burger connoisseurship has gone a little far. Superiority burger, just opened, sells theirs for $25 no fries… (which are an additional $7)

They got Illinois right

No argument from me about Minnesota.

Colorado was right…about 10 years ago. Today I would go with

Glad to see the juicy Lucy was not automatically thrown on the list.

California Yuppie Burger is missing the raw egg and cilantro.

The Carl’s Junior Original $6.00 dollar burger with bacon makes that So Cal burger look and taste Foo Foo.

Must have been very limited research. There are a large number of burgers to the north that are much better.

When I tell people I live in California they always assume I’m in LA.

It’s the center of the universe, after all.

I’d prefer a list where they list the best burger in other kinds of states:

drunk
stoned
starving
broke
gotta pee
depressed
euphoric
shock
arousal
the union
mind
emergency

^^^ You forgot altered, Alan.

By far, the best commercial hamburger sandwich that I’ve ever had is from Spelunkers, in Front Royal, Virginia. I’ll have to try that one in Leesburg.

112 is much better. OK haven’t had Revival’s but haven’t found anything that compares. Vincent’s was nothing special.

At a glance, not so easily dismissed as I might’ve anticipated. You have to accept the premise to begin with – no small leap – but the handful of states where I might’ve hoped to see a particular choice, I then did.

The PA choice is a good one.

I have to respectively disagree. Thin griddled patties can never hold their own juice. Slather enough shitty cheese and mayo on anything and people will eat it up. They are, on the other hand, the masters of PR.

The lamb burger at Burger Up and beef burger at Tavern should be tops for Tennessee.

A well made hamburger is a wonderful treat, but what’s with all the double and triple burgers? One pattie isn’t enough?

Bacon is in the onion compote on the FO burger.

What are the ‘large numbers to the north that are so much better?’ Just curious.

Different strokes on different styles. And I don’t do mayo on burgers

The only one I’ve tried on this list isn’t even on the list, it just got an honorable mention. Minetta Tavern, best burger I’ve ever had.

I’m so glad In N Out didn’t get the vote for California. It’s decent, but way over-hyped.