Flannery Beef

Getting ready to order some Flannery aged ribeye’s what does everyone recommend the 10, 12 or 16 oz size.

Bigger is better.

This is good advice. I actually find cooking the larger cuts easier and with a group, will carve it at the table.

For my wife and I we will usually cook a 20 oz strip or ribeye and split it.

Order In.

Father’s Day dinner: Flannery 60-day Dry-Aged Ribeyes and '13 Roy Piper Cab.

God those rib-cap medallions should be illegal.

The filet tails. Ugly but beautiful.

I also agree that bigger is better. I also would suggest trying a rib cap and hangar steaks.

It doesn’t matter as long as you’re getting the Ca Reserve. This beef is raised to Brian’s specifications and involvement…and it shows in the quality of the beef.

I would not get anything smaller than 20oz myself.

Got excited thinking there was a deal going on thanks to this thread. Sad face.

Are the 60-day dry aged steaks available online? Or is this a special order item?

Thanks for the attention getter!

Those 60 day aged are awesome.

Available online.

I was excited to buy them during the 30% off sale, but $50lb is a little expensive, even for the quality.

Flannery newbie here. I’m going to order ribeye, ribcap and hangar. Which is the 60 day aged: CA reserve or Midwestern Dry Aged?

TIA,
Warren

Order placed! My receipt indicates “California Reserve Ribeye, 60-Day Aged, 16 oz.” Son graduates from high school…this will be a surprise for him. I will uncork a birth-year California Cab as well…

Cheers,
JP

The Cali reserve rib eye - and the 60 day specifies 60 day. There is a 30 day rib eye in the Cali Reserve section as well (I bought 2 pairs…)

Rib caps are awesome, hangers are good too. When I want a big honkin’ rib eye I order the “Jorge Cut”.

I have bought the larger ones in the past, but I am going to the smallest. For me, the large are too large. I also asked Bryan if he could mix up a batch of hamburger using 1 or 2 of 4 parts from the ahed ends. Makes interesting tasting burgers.

Well my experiment failed. I went from the 20 ounce to the 10 ounce. I am not going to do this again. I found the 10 ouncers way too dry. You need the size to get enough of a center cut to make it all work. Sure the smaller were tastey, but whne cooked side by side with the larger, almost no comparison. I bought 10 of the 10 ouncers. Better to get 5 of the 20 oincers and share.

From a Flannery e-mail yesterday, 60 Day Dry Aged Ribeyes, 15% Off :

Doubling our normal 30-35 day dry aging process, these ribeyes are in the 60-65 day aged range. The flavor profile on these older ribeyes will be more intense, almost nutty; not overpowering but noticeable. Texture will be firmer when raw, but equally tender. These will tend to cook a little quicker, only slightly, but be aware. This batch of special 60-day aged Ribeyes is an opportunity to taste the effects of an additional 30 days over what we typically do. Now for the details:

Fill your cart, then use the coupon code: 60Day
on the “shopping cart” page once you’ve chosen your sizes,
for a 15% Discount, while supplies last

Because of the finite number we have, we have to limit customers to 4 of each sized steaks. That said, if you have a serious hankering for more than just 4 of these beauties, leave us a comment in your order, and we’ll who to reach out to first if there are any unspoken for at the end of the week.