Angry Whopper

Burger King has unveiled a new burger called the Angry Whopper.

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2016/03/30/burger-king-unveils-red-hot-angry-whopper/

I took the bait and entered a BK for the first time in I can’t remember how long. To be very honest, the burger did not suck. I liked it every bit as much as Five Guys. In fact, a Five Guys burger with added jalapenos is very similar to it. I wouldn’t say it was overly spicy but rather pleasantly spicy.

However, thirty minutes later I had an angry stomach. It’s still not very happy this morning… [oops.gif]

Interesting. I haven’t been to a Burger King in ages. I know of exactly one Burger King in Chicago, but I used to like it better than its competitors.

Thanks for taking one for the team, Smarty Clown.

Five Guys all the way with jalepeno and hot sauce! That’s my jam!

You gotta get out more, big guy. chicago burger king - Google Suche

I have no idea when I was last in one of these

Any desire to join me and Yale in a fast food burger crawl?

I did the same thing sunday. Saw the tv ad and decided, what the hell.

The bun is red but i didnt find much tobasco heat.
The peppers are just canned peppers. Mild.
Sauce was mediocre with a slight tang to it.
Some odd deep fried onions i think are added. Ehh

Overall, i dont want aother one.

Five guys bacon double with fresh peppers rocks. Wish they had a chipotle mayo sauce though

Im in, but Yale would want to go to Taco Bell, which I can’t abide

Nonsense! [smileyvault-ban.gif]

Sautéed onions and mushrooms is the way to go at 5 guys.

I always regarded Burger King as the worst of the fast food burger chains.

We can take him to Pilsen and do a taco crawl.

I’m not entirely kidding.

I hear you. He’s a bit fussy on the eating, but I’ll try to talk him into it. If not, I’m definitely in

Sweet. I’ll even let you invite Rob if you want.

Of course, if you want to have fun, I’m also cool with you leaving the old man at home.

Does the Angry Whopper have the same side effects as the Halloween Whopper?

More like a Montezuma’s Revenge Whopper.

Angry Whopper, Eh ?
Funny that is what one of my old flames used to call me !! [snort.gif] pileon

This makes me want to go to Five Guys tonight…which I do 3-4 times a year and was thinking of before this thread. (I go for the fries, mainly…love their fries.)

I have seen a bunch of ads for this red-hot whopper…and i’m happy to hear of what it’s like.

To evaluate the “angry stomach” reaction…I think we need to know how much by way of fast food burgers…ie, to me, McDonalds, BK, Wendy’s…you actually eat. If you’re a regular and this gave you problems…that’s scary. But, I haven’t had a burger at any of these places in over 20 years…so…I’m leery of trying this red-hot if you didn’t digest it well.

I just realized that though I think of those three as “fast food”…I guess I don’t think of Shake Shack, Five Guys, Elevation, Bobby Flay as really “fast food”…maybe something slower. Do people here lump them all as “fast food”?

I had a frat brother who would occasionally refer to his ‘Burger King pants’. When asked what that meant, he would reply, ‘you know, Burger King, Home of the Whopper’! [berserker.gif]

So, what did she call your penis?

Well, Pete…I had a frat brother who looked a lot like Howdy. (We called him Horny Doody.)

One weekend in 1971 or so, I was at the Philadelphia airport doing some collection charity program with my frat. A guy I knew from college was there…and told me he was there to pick up Buffalo Bob himself. Of course, I asked him to bring him over, and he did. It was one of the biggest thrills of my life up to that time. I asked Buffalo Bob to write a note to the look-alike…and he did…a very nice one, too…saying something about guys who look alike sticking together. When I gave it to the guy he didn’t appreciate it all that much…and I never saw the note again.

I did go to the guy’s son’s wedding in Toronto last month, so there were no hard feelings.

Thanks for reminding me of this long-forgotten thrill…and for the great photo of those two icons of the '50s. (And, yes…Buffalo Bob had white hair in 1971. My college was the first place on a subsequent revival tour for Howdy and Buffalo Bob; the guy who picked him up started it all by tracking him down.)

FREQUENTLY ! [wow.gif]

I’m going to hazard a guess and say “dangly flopper”.