Has Anyone Tried "The Meater" (Remote Thermometer)

Looks like a great meat thermometer, has anyone tried it?

Bonus points if it works on asparagus.

Finally I have an app that frees me to pluck my eyebrows while my meat cooks. It has been a long 8 years, but thankfully, my problems are over! Thank you Meater!

What’s incredible is that they raised 1.8+ M USD (1251% their target) for something this useless… I need to get me a fund raiser asap!

Alain

Not sure about useless - if it truly works as advertised, then it is pretty useful compared to the alternatives for reading temps when grilling, particularly because it is completely wireless and you don’t have to keep checking and inserting like alternatives. Not sure I’m buying now but once it has some online reviews and feedback, if good, I’d buy.

why is this useless?

There are already wireless thermometers to cook meat. This one looks neater, but that’s about it.

I’m guessing the app tells you when to flip your steak etc., but I consider that useless since it is all pre-built stuff based on “standard” size, which doesn’t exist. It’s like poaching when they tell you to poach your 1lb piece for x minutes, not taking into account how thick the piece is, etc. There are just no standards, just trial & error. IMHO.

Alain

At least they didn’t call it the iMeat…

Bruce

This is what I use. It will support two probes and syncs to my iphone or ipad.

Excellent battery life too.

Any more feedback on these, got an ad in my FB feed

The max temperature seems low in the mid 500s.

Each probe monitors two temps , internal and external (cooking chamber). Wireless (meaning no wire from probe to a transmitter) is not unique but certainly not common. This is an interesting product.

The only big concern I would have is that its missing the ability to identify (name) individual probes (when using more than one).

Just a buy a phone for each :slight_smile:

Burner phone?

I got one not long ago. I like the concept, but mine is flaky enough that it is currently on its way back for warranty replacement. It kept refusing to connect or disconnecting, even when easily in range (a foot away for example). We will see if it truly is a hardware problem, or (as I suspect) software/firmware… If it stayed connected reliably, I’d be happy with it. I used it for a pork shoulder a couple of weeks ago, and it did a good job.

Have it. Hate it