Swine and pine

My last piece of strap (true loin/filet) of wild boar…as discussed last time probably at least half domestic and half feral. This got a two day marinade in olive oil, garlic and unfiltered pineapple juice. With roasted fingerlings, carrots, pearl onions and a quick sauté of the last of the summer squash coming up from the valley and some red peppers.
image.jpeg

Yummmm

Looks great Craig. Kosher?

If you 86 the meat it’s all parve, so there’s that.

I had wild boar once, many years ago. My friend’s BIL shot it in Mexico and somehow he brought boar ribs into the US. I mostly remember it being very, very greasy.

That’s unusual because the gripe is usually that it’s very lean and tends to be dry, the mixed breeding with domestic pigs that have escaped etc. over the years has helped. As noted before this one was taken near a corn field it had access to, so it was in effect finished on corn. They are very destructive and becoming a menace in certain areas.

Interesting. I thought pork used to be far fattier and then through selective breeding, it’s become much leaner over the years. I’m fairly certain the one I had was shot in the wild. I suppose it’s also possible my friend didn’t cook it properly (we grilled it on a Weber).

I thought this was going to include a Retsina pairing…