ROASTED CELERY ROOT

What a perfume in the kitchen right now, such earthy and sweet. A recipe by Yotam Ottolenghi from his cookbook NOPI. Really impressive dish solo or as a side dish with meat. I strongly recommend to cook this starter or side dish.

http://www.wineberserkers.com/content/?p=3127

ENJOY,
Martin

Thanks for all of these wonderful recipes Martin! We actually got celery root in our CSA recently. In your recipe you say that the skin should be removed – is that after or before cooking? It seems before might make sense if you season the outside with oil and salt before cooking, but you seem to have cooked it (at least in the pictures) without getting rid of the skin first. Thanks!

Ron,

after cooking! You serve the celery wedges with skin, but you shouldn´t eat it. The skin is a bit bitter, but maybe celery is different in USA.

Cheers,
Martin

Martin,

I will try this tomorrow. What do you mean by re-cook? I assume that it is better reheated the next day?

Jason

re-cook???

You put the whole celery root with skin and a bit of olive oil and sea salt in the oven for 3h by 190C/375F and serve in wedges with skin. With additional a touch of olive oil and sea salt. But don´t necessarily eat the skin.

Cheers,
Martin

P.S. now I understand. I meant to re-cook this recipe. I corrected it for better understanding.

Just making this now. And yes, the aromas in the kitchen are lovely – and stand up well to the pot roast braising in the same oven! Thanks for the lovely recipe.

I made this yesterday. I had seen celery root at the local farmer market but never knew what to do with one. It was very easy and very good.