Phoenix-Scottsdale

anything new to consider in Phoenix-Scottsdale area?, looked in search, going for the NC game, thanks,

Atlas Bistro- excellent food, great stems and BYO- no corkage. plus they share space with a decent wine shop.

Guessing its been a few years at least since you have visited, so here are a few options:

Downtown Phoenix (pre-game hype festivities) has some good options:
CIBO (great pizza)
Nobuo at Teeter House (small plate Japanese fusion)
Angels Trumpet Ale House (exc. beer selection / good pub fare)
Bitter and Twisted (excellent cocktails and good food)

Scottsdale (guessing this is where you are staying)
FnB (not new - but by far my favorite)
Pig N Pickle (ex-Atlas folks / good food great cocktails and beer)

If you have any specific questions, post em up!

Binkley’s Cave Creek

Josh

Angel’s Trumpet looks great. I’ll be there soon and my hotel is downtown near there.

Is there anything worthwhile north near Chase Field?

Bitter and Twisted is a few blocks from Chase Field. If you are in my age range (early 40s) and love video games, check out Cobra Arcade Bar across from Angel’s Trumpet. It’s a brand new bar with fully restored stand up video games from the 80s.

Will definitely check it out - thanks!

I was able to hit both Angels Trumpet Ale House and Bitter and Twisted. Both spots were great and highly recommended.

Thanks again, Josh, for the suggestions.

Bumping this. Going to Scottsdale tomorrow. Willing to eat pretty much anywhere in Phoenix that’s good, and willing to sit at a bar if too late for table reservations. Would appreciate any intel. Any price point is OK from low to high, just want great food.

Doesn’t need to be new - looking for best.

(PS: Rec for a wine store also helpful!)

I’m going this weekend, too. It was 87 yesterday; too early for this.

Try Rancho Pinot Grill in S Dale. It’s on the SW corner of Lincoln and S Dale Rd. I used to shill for them regularly on another board. The wine guy left, but the lady that runs the place is well thought of in Phoenix. Very wine friendly menu.

Thanks James - appreciate the tip.

We usually go out every Thanksgiving for 3-4 days and stay in Scottsdale. We usually do Thanksgiving dinner at J&G Steakhouse at The Phoenician where we stay. Food and wine are fine, more of a convenience factor. Usually over the course of the trip we’ll also go to Pizzeria Bianco (PHX location). Mostly Italian wine, but some CA stuff. We would’ve loved to have gone to Atlas Bistro but seems to be closed during the holiday every year we are there. AZ Wine Company is the name of the place that Suzanne mentioned upthread which it’s connected to. We usually go to La Grande Orange Cafe for coffee/breakfast. They have a nice, but small wine & beer selection at the front of the store as well. There’s of course Total Wine locations if you’re in a pinch.

FWIW, everything I ate on vacation was awful (don’t feel like naming names) except for Richardson’s, which was delicious and everything I’d hoped for.

Why say it was awful if you aren’t naming names?

Because its not like NY, where I go to restaurants all the time and benchmark and have a real comfortable sense of when I have a shitty meal, relative to context. All I can say is that Richardson’s was wonderful and old school and the green chile had real depth of flavor, and everything else was terrible and was so bad my wife and I had a good laugh over it.

Spent two years commuting to Scottsdale for business and Richardson’s/Rokerji and Bianco were among the few good choices…

Is this a new thing? Their website has corkage listed:

http://www.atlasbistrobyob.com

We’re headed to the area this Spring for Jen’s Thunderbird Reunion. Looking for a place we can get 14-16 people (a room would be perfect) and affordable corkage

Stayed at The Sanctuary recently while in Scottsdale on business, took my wife and made a weekend of it. Really nice. Wonderful location on the northern slope of Camelback.

We had dinner one night on property at Elements, Beau MacMillans spot, we were both very impressed, great wine list and a better " hidden " list that is available if you ask. Some real treasures at reasonable prices. Lovely views of the valley at night. Great people watching pool side.

Cheers,

Bud

Sanctuary is also one of the nicest small spas in town, and it is a town with a ton of them. I was just at the spa this past week entertaining clients, and, though I didn’t eat, was reminded how much I like that property. Nice to know they have appropriate beverages for the next time.

maybe we paid corkage- sorry. BYO is generally not permitted in AZ.