NYE Dinner Plans?

Small get together for us with booze TBD.

Roasted Little Neck Clams
Bacon, Melted Leeks and Roasted Garlic Compound Butter

Smoked Canadian Cold Water Lobster Tail
Bulgarian Farmed Russian Ossetra Caviar, Blini and Traditional Accompaniments

USDA Prime Dry Aged Rib Eye & Alaskan King Crab Legs
Honey Balsamic Glazed Heirloom Carrots

Broiled lobster tail over arugula salad and burrata appetizer

Prime filets over mushroom and truffled risotto

Warm chocolate cake for desert

Trying for a retro dinner for my fiancee and myself. Starting with a shrimp cocktail appetizer and an onion soup for the appetizer. Steamed crab legs will be served with drawn butter and a Caesar salad. Will probably serve with Segura Viudas (I am getting over a cold, no need to bust out the nice stuff).

Thinking lobster tails or scallops as it will be sunny here today. Oncall so a glass, maybe and a half, will have to suffice.

Caviar and Krug

Suckling Pig from Slagel farms

Some good Burg TBD

at home with family.

George

Pot luck dinner so I’m not sure but I’m bringing some Golden Syrup Cookies from the Heston Blumenthal At Home cookbook. Love them.

if it isn’t too much trouble, care to post the recipe? sounds fun.

I’ll be at the office. So it’s pizza or Chinese

I’ll try and remember when I get home but if you email me your chances go up dramatically :slight_smile:

They’re easy and pretty foolproof though they call for 2 ingredients I buy specifically for the recipe - Golden Syrup and vanilla bean paste. They have a pleasantly bitter undertone that marries well with the sweetness and which makes them a bit more sweet wine friendly.

Sous vide lobster tails, Flannery strip- same as last year I just realized !! Champers and 99 Pavie

Cornish Game Hens ala orange
Fennel Sausage stuffing
Apple Dumplings

NV Selosse Initiale Champagne
2001 Rieuse Sauternes

Fondue!
image.jpeg

Whatcha gonna do with all them taters?

Roast Goose - Tasty,but we needed a bigger goose!
Goose Fat Caramelized Apples
Goose Fat Fried Smashed Potatoes.

They were for the giant fondue (we had another fondue pot going too). My friends over-bought on dipping foods. Turns out if you have a bunch of Manresa bread, the other stuff is less popular.