Do you like poutine?

Canadian national dish here adapted by one of our Atlanta chefs from Double Zero Napoletana.
This was SO good. The gravy might look a little different but it was made from long braised beef short rib and
was the best gravy I have ever tasted with this kind of dish. YUMMY! Fries were double fried and perfect.

This was one of the dishes from our annual Galoots luncheon. A good time was had by all.

Poutine.
poutine.jpg

It’s delicious. When I used to visit an ex in Toronto I was surprised to find that KFC made a passable version. The better versions are simply sublime.

When I was a kid I played two years on the Canadian PGA tour, one of my first late nights I was introduced to this. Being from Texas I always thought brown gravy was an abomination but it’s a wonderful late night gorge. Love it.

Love it. More difficult to find the plain original unless you go to a speciality spot in Toronto or Quebec.
Everyone has there own riff on it these days adding new & outrageous toppings. Like music & art, the classic stands ahead of the pretenders.

I tried it in Madison Wi. Didnt make me want to try it ever again.

Sorry
doesn’t every red-blooded hetero man?

The General Muir , in the Emory area of Atlanta, makes a wonderful pastrami (they make that from scratch) poutine.

What’s not to like in a good poutine? As long as the fries are from scratch and are good…the rest is “gravy”…

You got that right!

had one in Montreal w pieces of foie gras. Yum.

Why am I just now learning about this?

There’s at least one restaurant in Denver that serves it. Gut bomb. Once in a lifetime is enough.

Love it. A local place does it with beef cheek.

Poutine gravy flows through my blood, like every other Québécois’.

The only sucky thing for all poutines made outside of Québec is the lack of fresh curd cheese which really makes the difference.

I wanted to post “poutine” in the hangover cures thread, because nothing settles your stomach like fries, gravy and cheese (no kidding).

Living close enough to Canada, many place in town serve a version of poutine. Some can be very good, but (for me, at any rate) it’s a dish I have to share. Too much of too many good things.

Love it and there is a place in town that on occasion does several fantastic variations. Unfortunately, the Chef decided to move on and the restaurant is closing…

JD

Tried it for the firt time last summer, I was definitely underwhelmed, and I love fries. I tried it plain, with beef or added other stuff, and it was always meh. There’s something about gravy with fries that is off for me. Also the cheese doesn’t add much imo, but I’ve never liked “plastic”, flavourless cheese so that might be it.

We also tried the smoked meat and apart from Schwartz where it was ok (but not great), it was also a hugh let-down. Where’s the smoke flavour?!

Alain

I think it was quite specifically Québécois. I never heard of it growing up in Vancouver.

Euclid Hall has several versions and their carnitas poutine is one of my favorite dishes in the city. You can ask for a half order if you want to avoid the “gut bomb”.

The best I’ve ever had though is at Duckfat in Portland, ME. As the name implies everything there is cooked in duck fat and the version we had was topped with duck confit. Heavenly.

I like poutine better than putain…or Putin!

Hell yes!

Although I like brown gravy versions best. Some places, particularly in the states, try to make it overly chi-chi. That is usually a road to poutine failure, IMO.

Give me crispy fries, melted cheese curds and brown gravy. K.I.S.S.