Chicago!

If you had to single out two restaurants on the high end spectrum of dining in Chicago what would be your pick? My wife and I are hoping to visit for a few days to eat, and the more I look into it the less confident I feel. From some recent online reviews I’ve read I gather that some of the really big name restaurants are past their prime and our money would be better spent else where. I’m planning far enough in advance for hard to get reservations and can use AMEX concierge to help if need be, thanks in advance.

Alinea (if it isn’t closed for rehab) and Grace. There is a reason they are 3*. Lots of other great options as well

Agreed… Alinea and Grace

Agreed Alinea and Grace - though neither have very good wine programs (been a while since I’ve been to Alinea). Something more casual we’ve had really good meals at Boka recently.

JD

Alinea
Grace
42grams
Acadia
Elizabeth
Intro

In that order.

George

George did I see you on Check please ?

Yes, that was me. Local restaurant we go to all the time. I know the owner. Just happened to be there on the day they were filming.

Do you want my autograph? [snort.gif]

George

hahaha kind of. You’re a TV star. Place looks cool. Great to see local independents doing well.

It is cool. Close to what you would see in Paris. He has a very small list but always some well chosen Burgs stored at the proper temp (which is rare in the burbs) Good Charcuterie and Cheese.

George

It is cool. Close to what you would see in Paris. He has a very small list but always some well chosen Burgs stored at the proper temp (which is rare in the burbs) Good Charcuterie and Cheese.

George[/quote]

Agreed, good spot.