Chicago Pizza is Best -- Suck it NYC

Top 10 pizza cities in the U.S., per TripAdvisor:

1.  Chicago, Illinois

Must-try pizzerias: Chicago Pizza & Oven Grinder, Lou Malnati’s Pizzeria - River North, Giordano’s

1.  New York City, New York

Must-try pizzerias: Juliana’s Pizza, Keste, John’s Pizzeria – Bleeker St.

1.  New Haven, Connecticut

Must-try pizzerias: Frank Pepe Pizzeria Napoletana, Modern Apizza, Bru Rm At BAR

1.  Orlando, Florida

Must-try pizzerias: Anthony’s Coal Fired Pizza, Via Napoli, Red Oven Pizza Bakery

1.  San Francisco, California

Must-try pizzerias: Tony’s Pizza Napoletana, Il Casaro Pizzeria and Mozzarella Bar, Za Pizza

1.  Washington, D.C.

Must-try pizzerias: We the Pizza, Matchbox Pizza, Pizzeria Paradiso

1.  Las Vegas, Nevada

Must-try pizzerias: Project Pie, Pizza Rock, Secret Pizza

1.  San Diego, California

Must-try pizzerias: Basic, Buona Forchetta, Pizza Port Ocean Beach

1.  Phoenix, Arizona

Must-try pizzerias: Pizzeria Bianco, Pomo Pizzeria Napoletana – Phoenix, The Parlor Pizzeria

1. Miami Beach, Florida

Must-try pizzerias: Visa-O1 Extraordinary Pizza, Giotto Maestro della Pizza, Blocks Pizza Deli

http://www.tripadvisor.com/PressCenter-i7346-c1-Press_Releases.html

Any list that has Orlando at 4 has to be taken with a grain of salt.

We haven’t been to the Pizza and Oven Grinder for a billion years. Jeannine insists that this will change over the holiday season when our daughter comes home from college.

Folks who don’t like mare “traditional” Chicago pizza really aren’t going to love this

I like Lou Malnati’s, but I can only eat traditional Chicago pizza about twice a year. Unfortunately, most Chicago thin crust has dough that tastes like cardboard, though there are a few restaurants that have bucked the trend.

Flawed list. New Haven beats them all.

I will never forget the garlic and clam pizza from Frank Pepe.

Oh yeah! That’s one of the best pizzas I’ve ever had.

Agreed.

The clam pizza at Pepe’s is the best pizza I’m my book.

The clam and bacon pizza at Piece in Chicago is not bad for the city

It’s apples and oranges. When I lived in Illinois, I couldn’t eat the pizza until I thought of it as a different food.

Throw some bacon on that bad boy and you’re in a whole other level of Nirvanaism! Lucky to have the only Frank Pepe in NY a 15 minute drive from me. [highfive.gif]

Big +1. Was just back on New Haven a couple weeks ago for the first time in maybe 15+ years and had to head to Pepe’s for pizza when I had a spare couple hours. Probably haven’t been there since 1995 but nothing seems to have changed. Had to order the garlic and clam - was terrific. Sure memory fails after 20 years but for some reason I wasn’t as impressed with the crust as I had remembered…not sure why…

Anyone ever order their roasted red peppers as a topping? I did for the first time and they were great.

As for Chicago thin crust - I happen to really like Coalfire.

Anthony’s Coal Fired Pizza is a big NY chain that advertises on WFAN, it may be the best place in Orlando, but it’s friggin’ Orlando FL, not exactly a Mecca for pizza.

Any clowns who put Chicago #1 and Orlando #4 in their pizza city pole obviously know very little of which they speak.

I would also agree that New Haven is #1. ‘North Jersey’ and Trenton should also be in the top 10. It’s hard ‘not’ to find a great local slice/pie place in any part of northern New Jersey.

neener [berserker.gif]

I’ve been and I love Pepe’s. New York? With a few exceptions, I’m not fond of the pizza in NYC (way too many utility pizzas). Nor, generally, Chicago. I agree with Corey on the thin crust here. Even worse, they cut it into squares.

What the hell is that all about?

At least you didn’t post this in the food forum…

What do Bagel Bites have to do with anything?

Pizza pot pie, they call them

image.jpeg
Completely forgot that I took a picture - need something more mouthwatering than the other pics above… Other one is veggies with pepperoni.

Tomato pie at Sallys, New Haven … or splurge on apizz with schmoz there … nothing else.

I love Chicago but pizza here … no thank you (except for Spacca)

Come to NY for some real pizza!!!