Recommendations wanted: places to eat and drink in Chicago

I’m travelling next week to Chicago and was wondering if there are some favorite places to eat and drink in Chicago? I have had some recommendations so far - Purple Pig, Red & White wines, Rootstock, Local Option and The Publican but would love some opinions on other places.

Thanks!

The Bristol, Formento’s, or Osteria Langhe.

Publican is a must. Avec and Girl & the Goat were also very positive experiences. 42 grams if you can book a reservation in time.

+1 to Publican and Avec.
Au Cheval.
Dove’s Luncheonette is a must.
Especially late morning with a hangover.

Just came back from a week of in Chicago.

Bavette’s Beef is amazing steakhouse as well as RPM.

Girl and the Goat and Bistronomic are also interesting and solid menus.

There are lots of threads on Chicago restaurant both here and in the travel board. When I responded to this thread there was another Chicago restaurant thread right above it. There are 100s of places to eat and drink.

George

If you like football, beer and sexy bartendresses there are worse places in the world than Reggie’s on a Sunday. S State St.

The Kitchen for great food and a wine list that includes Dirty&Rowdy, etc.
Bohemian House for interesting imported beer and pretty spectacular short rib pierogis and similar
Xoco for fun Mexican quick (or get their food at Ohare - so nice to have decent food on a flight)
Eataly can be entertainng for a stroll, shop and meal and great gelato - and Latinicity just opened
Publican - yes for sure

but there are so many good spots - check the LTHforum list of “great neighborhood restaurants” for some suggestions: LTHForum.com - Great Neighborhood Restaurants

Thanks for all the recs! I’ll be trying several.

Just got back from Ceres’ Table. Great food and amazing Italian wine list that is stupidly affordable. Service top notch as well.

Must get the chicken liver pate.

<<<Disclaimer: The owner is a friend and possible business partner.>>>

Glad you made it to Ceres, Bill. Was Scitt pouring maggies last night?

I brought some bottles and ordered Barolo off the list. No Maggie’s, but Scooter did handle wine service at our table.

Freemott was in true form last night.

What happens at CT stays at CT

Except for vandalism. That shit goes home with you.

Sorry to have missed that. Only a couple of blocks from my house

Will be back soon enough to sell beef.

*Hot Chocolate in Bucktown (stupid name but great food)
*Autre Monde in Berwyn for seasonal Mediterranean fare

+1. I had a great night here, fantastic food and wine, and they treated us like gold…

Olives and chicken mousse are not to be missed.

Too many cameras. :slight_smile:

George