King Crab Season!!, mail order?

Had some fresh king crab last night and it was amazing which has me wanting more of course…

Anyone have good recs on mail order for FRESH king crab? I can only really find Fishex as a seller of fresh, not pre-cooked or frozen crab. Others?

Are you looking for live crabs?

Isn’t it all flash frozen?

Most is but you can find Fresh crab during the season and it is a million times better…

Honestly, the one time I’ve had it live it didn’t seem dramatically better as with most other seafood.
Call LA Fish on Stanford downtown. I get a lot of stuff from them and am pretty sure I’ve seen live king crab. I think I’ve seen it at some 99 Ranch markets, but not in recent memory and they seem to carry less premium stuff than they used to.

I’ve never seen live King crab in Seattle. It’s all from Alaska or the Barents Sea, and only the legs are shipped, frozen.
Crab is difficult to ship, and King crabs are huge, several feet across.
I’d rather have fresh Dungeness that frozen King.

P Hickner

This^^^^ Fresh Dungy is half the price and twice as good. more depth, less sweet.

Ho Ho on South Weller has had live king crab in the past, but it’s a restaurant. And the crabs are wedged in the tanks (much like Asian markets in BC). Now whether it’s worth the tariff is another matter entirely. I’m pretty high on Dungeness as well, but if you must, try:

Love dungy, but no argument in taste. Water Grill in Santa Monica has a live king crab in their lobster/crab tank right now apparently. I’m going with fishex for overnight fresh king legs.

Still purchase king crab legs there and ship them to family on the East Coast.

FYI for locals, both Ballard and Central Markets had fresh king crab over the weekend.