Need recommendation for Santa Monica rest. for a Sat. lunch

I would like some recommendations for a wine-friendly Santa Monica restaurant open for Saturday lunch, with reasonable BYOB/corkage policies.

Thanks,
Bruce

I wouldn’t mind hearing of a place to eat in the Silver Lake/Los Feliz area. Sorry Bruce. Didn’t mean to get you excited with this bump.

Are you wanting lunch and not brunch? that might be hard. Two places with I recommend are Scoppa Italian Roots and Tasting Kitchen in Venice. The latter has a stellar wine program and better food but technically isn’t Santa Monica. TK is very plugged in, so even if that won’t fit the bill, I’d call and ask the manager for a rec. Good folks.

Where you end up? Scopa still doesn’t allow BYOB which infuriates me to no end as I don’t think they run the best wine program either. I love their food but almost always end someplace else as a result…

We went to Water Grill Santa Monica for lunch yesterday. Although the food isn’t exactly high-end or cutting edge, it’s good seafood competently prepared. And corkage is still $0 per bottle, so you can’t beat that.

By the way, it was a very pleasant experience dining there for lunch; relatively calm and relaxed. I’ve had dinner there on a weekend night, and it can be very busy/loud.

Bruce

Now I know why I don’t do wine lunches. Even though we didn’t go through all the wine, I wasn’t exactly energetic for the rest of the afternoon after the food and vino.

Water Grill is always a go to, as you really can’t beat the zero corkage with no bottle limit and pretty good stems. The oysters are as good as anywhere in town. I probably should have stuck with the fish tacos that I like there over the tuna burger that I ordered. Loud is the name of the game in LA these days for popular restaurants, and even when full WG is only mid-pack in that respect.