Thermapen 15% off

Sitewide sale at Thermoworks, code Sitewide15.

this is a very worthy purchase at full price, let alone at 15% off. Great gift idea, too.

How are these better than any cheap instant read digital?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00TKWWUCU?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00

ditto…i got the above this spring for under $20…and couldn’t be more pleased with it for what I use it for…frying, meat thermometer…

Because they are actually accurate.

The probes that Thermoworks sells are also top quality. I went through several cheapos from Bed Bath and Beyond and Target before trying Thermoworks. The cheap probes are usually not insulated so heat from your BBQ/Smoker can travel down the shaft and give the sensor an artificially high reading. I purchased the Thermoworks 5+ years ago and it still works like a champ.

They work faster and are more accurate than any I have used before. I had three crappy ones before I made the plunge on one of these. Well worth it.

Not convinced by these posts, frankly. How do you know they are more accurate?

I’ve used my “cheapo” and the results have been fine for my needs…good juicy meats…and oil temps for frying. Maybe the Thermapen is more precise/accurate…but…how does anyone know?

It certainly isn’t 5x the cost to see…for me.

A simple test is to check boiling and freezing temps… boliing water (at sea level) should be 212F/100C, and a bath of mostly ice and a liitle water should be pretty close to 32F/0C.

Passing this test does not guarantee that other temps will be correct, but if your thermometer fails these tests, you know it ain’t accurate…

Love my Thermapen. Super fast, reliable, user friendly, and not flimsy. Expensive for a meat thermometer, but cheap for what it offers (and not particularly expensive in an absolute sense). I’ve given as gifts and all have loved them.

can’t live without it. it’s a workhorse, insanely fast and accurate. durable and just plain perfect. one of the few truly must haves in the kitchen.

stuart -your posts are irrelevant, useless, and illogical as ever. no one cares what you think of it and no one thinks you know what you’re talking about in any event. if you want to mount a campaign against the overwhelmingly positive reviews for this item, great. no one wants to convince you of anything - it doesn’t matter to anyone what you buy.

They work. I went through a dozen other cheap versions over the past decade or two and they were all horrible. I even once threatenjed to show the CEO of Polder what he could do with his probe. I got the Thermopen about two years ago and it is great. Fast, easy, accurate. I have checked the calibration with ice water and boiling water and it is correct. to within 0.5 degrees both ways. It takes perhaps one second to get a close read and maybe 3 seconds to equalize. Easy on, easy off by just opening and closing the probe. Auto shut off.

And it does this:

It says code no longer valid

They have new sales codes periodically and hopefully someone will post again with the new code.

When the temp reading for a large chunk of meat goes from 60F to 130F in less than 30 minutes in moderate heat it doesn’t take a genius… I’m not talking about technical accuracy of the reading - your money is going to proper construction so that the reading isn’t incorrect due to outside influence.

What puzzles me more is why you would use a Thermapen that requires inserting and removing several times and leads to obvious juice loss, versus a probe that you set once and don’t pull till it’s done.

Only Jack-ov can answer those kinds of questions…or any others…in his mind. [worship.gif]

So, us flies will all have to await his response… [popcorn.gif]

His is the only opinion that “matters” on any subject.

Ten thousand flies can’t be wrong, after all…can they?

What is he mumbling about? [scratch.gif]

Love my Thermapen as well, got the magnetic silicon cover and keep it on the fridge door.

The Lavatools Javelin gets good notices for a quarter the price of a Thermapen. I picked one up recently and my initial impression was positive.

i can’t translate this one, but assume it’s something about taking his kids to burgundy in the 1950s and how all the vignerons were already warning about 2004 burgs… or something…

¯_(ツ)_/¯

How heat resistant are they (e.g., for high heat grilling and long BBQs)?