20% off CA Reserve Bone-in Cuts

I’ve wanted to try the Jorge cut for a while, so now is the time to grab a few, along with a porterhouse.

Just made a nice order…things are moving fast.

The bone in strip KC cut is really nice. Just got a big order in with the last sale.

Bone in KC tonight at home. Sous vide to 131F and then flashed on the super hot grill. Absolutely amazing flavor and texture. I love Bryan’s stuff.

Cool that you don’t even have to say Flannery. CA Reserve is enough. That is brand recognition.

George

Thanks for the thread, got a few Jorge.

Cooking/grilling suggestions?

Trim a bit of the fat and lubricate a hot pan on stove top, sear both side for 3-4 minutes, transfer to separate pan and finish in a 375 deg oven till 125 internal temp. Remove and rest for 15 minutes.

Glenn- I like the reverse sear method for these- Low (275?) until the meat is 115-120ish, full rest, and then sear on grill or cast until crust forms. Enjoy with something balla.

+1, at least indoors. I used to do the sear in cast iron then into stove method but that proved to be far more inconsistent than the reverse sear (and far stinkier/smokier).

I’m also a huge fan of the pre-salting method to draw out additional moisture. I can’t remember steak before it.

Good point- I always try to leave my beef on a wire rack uncovered in the fridge for a few hours to dry out the outside of the meat prior to cooking. Then salt/pepper and right on the heat.

With most decently marbled steaks fat renders almost immediately and greases the pan, do you think this method produces that much better of a steak?

I pepper after since I don’t like burned pepper.

Will try a dry pan next time to see if there is any difference. This has been how I pan sear my steaks rather than using some other oil in the pan.

Agreed, salt before and pepper after. And I’ll try to salt earlier than just before cooking.