Paso Robles Restaurants

Headed up there in a week or so and looking for a suggestion or two. We’ve booked a dinner at Artisan, any other recommendations?

Il Cortile on 12th

We’ve enjoyed Villa Creek on the square. We also really like McPhee’s in Templeton, not fancy, just good food and good service.

Tom,

Just got back.

Artisan was a disaster. Our meals were not cooked to order, and seemed to have been attacked by the NaCl monster. However, they have demonstrably improved their wine program, had Giornata’s Fiano on tap!! That part was great.

Also ate at Thomas Hill Organics, and had a very good meal. They also have an interesting wine list.

Il cortile was recommend by all the “natives” I spoke with.

Howard

Howard, that doesn’t sound good, now you have me wondering. Will definitely look at Il Cortile.

+1 Il Cortile

My wife and I thought Artisan had gone down hill since the move. Used to be great food, now just so so.

Thanks everyone, booked Thomas Hill Organics and Il Cortile. Cancelled Artisan.

Hey Tom - If you can’t do dinner, have at least a drink over at Villa Creek.

Tom,

Not sure of your plans our your palate… Some of the most intersting wines we tasted were coming from the new wine “ghetto” area off of Marquita. You could easily make a day there of Giornata, Firld Recordings, Desperada, Clos Selene.
Of the established wineries, Turley, is really doing some great stuff these days, and their 2013 are some of the best in years.

Howard

I had the opposite experience,although it was 4 yrs ago… Amazing meal at artisan, and horrible one at THO (bones in duck tacos, among other things). Would be really sad if Artisan went downhill.

Have not been to Il Cortile but for Italian I’ve really enjoyed Buona Tavola a couple of times. Probably more casual but I thought the flavor of most everything was excellent.