Sonic Ice

Kind of a PSA… I’m not really a fan of their burgers, but I do love their ice- just regular ice. It’s all nice and small and pebbly, and soft at the crunch. They sell it to go in a big, whopping bag for under $3, and they’ll even bring it out to the car for you. It reminds me of the type of ice they used in the Lapu Lapus at Royal Hawaiian in Laguna Beach, before it closed. Gosh, I miss that place!
Cheers!

More than $3 but…if you can’t live without it you can now get an in home version -

saw this earlier today. SO TEMPTED

I’ve only been to Sonic one time in my life and it was to watch Landreth get an oil drum worth of soda. For some reason, however, I love their commercials. Those guys crack me up. I never watch shows, mostly sports, but they always seem to be on.

Thank you for the link, Michael. Did not know that “nugget ice” was already a ‘thing.’ It’s a nice addition to cold-brewed coffee over the summer or some La Croix grapefruit sparkling water, (or the occasional El Dorado 12 & Coke).

Best,
V

“Soda water”

The one lb per hour is going to be severely underwhelming to say the least. I have the Ice-O-Matic and it makes 80+ lbs per day with 25 lbs of ice storage. We routinely blow through the capacity of this machine when we have people over. Once you have nugget ice at home you will use it A LOT more than you think.

Jason

Those guys were in second city and are featured in the film “stranger than fiction” with Will Ferrell, Emma Thompson and Dustin Hoffman

Screw y’all.