Travel Question from Paris to Roanne for Troisgros

Although the regular TGV goes from Paris to Lyon, then a local train to Roanne, the folks at Troisgros advised us to take TGV to Le Creuzot, then take a bus that only TGV passengers use on to Roanne. I’ve spoken with both AMEX travel and Rail Europe and they only sell tickets on the train, not on the bus portion.

Has anyone ever done the TGV to Le Creuzot, then the bus on to Roanne? If so, where/how did you buy the ticket?

Help!

looks like it’s about equal time for either itinerary. i’d rather take a train than a bus, but probably doesn’t matter much.

can also drive from either gare.

You might want to check with Scott M. I met him for dinner in Paris some years ago on the evening he returned from one of his 6 star visits to Troisgros. I’ve only driven from Lyon.

Yaacov, given the particular times we want to go, the train through Lyon is over an hour longer than the bus. Coming back, it is the same time. Has to do with particular time of departure…(we want to arrive before lunch).

Hey Wilfred

When are you going?
We will be in France mid September but not exactly in that area. email me
Always felt the easiest way was to take the Train from Lyon ,through Tarare, to Roanne, but I do not know if they have relocated yet.

Most of the people I worked with there are long gone. Michel, the head waiter “carver” may still be there and he would remember me … You could impress then with your knowledge of names from the past: Michel Bardin, sous chef (when Michel Troisgros was in NYC) Andre Didier- pastry chef, Henri Giradon, sommelier.And a certain American who would eat the left over Foie gras on the plates coming back, drink the left over wines and threw a crepe at Chef Jean .

You can go to the sncf website to book train + bus.

If you are staying at TG why not drive? It’s only about 1hr drive. You can rent a car right at Lyon, train station.

George

Ask the person at Troisgros who advised the bus where to get the tickets.