Anyone used King Arthur Self Rising Flour for biscuits?

Looks to have similar protein levels to White Lily and I order more from King Arthur so I can save on the (&)&^# shipping costs since I order other things from King Arthur.

SELF-RISING FLOUR (flour, baking powder, salt) - 8 to 10.5% protein
Best Use: biscuits, cookies, pancakes, muffins, quick breads, waffles.
-Gold Medal Bleached Self-Rising Flour, 10.5%
-King Arthur Unbleached Self-Rising Flour, 8.5%
-Martha White Bleached Self-Rising Flour, 9.4%
-Pillsbury Best Bleached Self-Rising Flour, 9.7%
-Presto Self Rising Cake Flour, 7.4%
-White Lily Bleached Self-Rising Flour, 8 to 9%

No, and I don’t buy Bisquick, or already cut up chicken, or pasta sauce from a jar.

Buy flour that you like and add baking powder and salt. Voila, you have just made “self rising flour”.

Not the same. Protein levels in regular flour are much higher.

So do you want cake flour without paying for cake flour?

What is the intended use?

for quick breads such as biscuits, the protein isn’t going to make a difference one way or the other because you’re not doing anything to form the structure reliant on the proteins. also, biscuits have a lot of fat, which weakens gluten. AP flour is fine. No need to buy anything special.

the reason to not use self-rising flour is that you ideally want to control the amount of salt and baking powder in the mix.

focus on the incorporation of the fat(s) you’re using. grating frozen butter into the flour is a pretty amazing technique.

All good advice above, but if you really don’t want to think about it, the KA stuff should be fine. I believe Gold Medal AP had a lower protein content, one other option.

My mom uses it for her biscuits, and they are awesome fresh. Can’t comment on how well they hold up as leftovers.

I agree with everything here.