Momofuku's David Chang says his favorite restaurant in the world is...

…this dive in LA’s Korea Town:

Sounds good, offline? With beer probably!

place isn’t bad. But Dak Galbi is just kinda basic to me. Stir fried chicken.

Says the guy who obsesses over ramen…

\

i do not understand?

It’s a zen thing: do one thing really right.

Just pulling your chain…

how are you pulling my chain?

With the movie clip about ramen obsession…

You’re gonna have to lead me all the way here Roberto.

You said “Says the guy who obsesses over ramen” and then posts a video on how to eat ramen. Not sure how any of that is pulling my chain or has anything to do with my reply

Aren’t you the guy on the left in that video?

Chang is a bit of troll. He makes remarks about certain things, like beer or ramen or ketchup, and they are all basically click-bait. While I think he brings tons to the food world his personal dalliances are less intriguing to me.

Yes, but the gist of that article is by Jonathan Gold who IS a serious food writer…

No way. That guy has a collar on his shirt.

I’ve only eaten once at a Chang restaurant. We went to Noodle Bar when we were in NYC last Sept. I thought it was good but preferred a couple places in Chicago.

Yet another thread here wherein I have no idea wtf is going on. Changs restaurants are for the most part sheer genius.
If he likes the place in la I think I’d be checking out next time in town
Thanks

From the beginning of the article: "Chang sometimes has lapses in taste . . " which was kind of my point.

To go into more detail for people like Mark-

Read Lucky Peach or eat at his places, sure. Otherwise a lot of his stuff is intentionally inflammatory or all together nonsensical.

You’re gonna be really disappointed if you make a special trip to ktown to eat here. It’s good comfort food, but not much else.

thanks for the head’s up [cheers.gif]

Good comfort food is a wonderful thing. The best restaurants I’ve dined at are not among my favorites. I’d rather have comfort food over fine dining nine times out of ten.

I think that was Gold’s point…

I just spent a week in the real Korea town (Seoul). Had a bunch of stuff I’ve never had here, I guess no surprise.