Restaurant Recs- San Diego

I would appreciate some restaurant recommendations for San Diego. In particular, looking for steak houses or similar restaurants that focus on beef. Wine list is unimportant.

Morton’s, Fleming’s and Donovan’s come to mind. No recent experience.

Thanks Nancy. I appreciate the help.

http://www.ruthschris.com/restaurant-locations/san-diego

Market Restaurant is, by far, our favorite place in all of San Diego. They always have steaks on the menu including grass fed prime from the mid-west. Yum

Is that resto in Del Mar, Bob?

Yes. On Via de la Valle. East of I-5. At the intersection with El Camino. Kitty corner from Marys Tack and Feed. Superb, utterly superb. Karl, the owner, is a James Beard nominee.

Any recs for something good near hotel circle? Not steakhouses though? Tx Sam lada

Looks good but transportation would be needed from downtown.

Thanks much for the help.

How near? Not much in that immediate area. Some decent breweries pretty close tho!

Tx we’ll have a car so could drive- will have two kids too adventurous eaters though - love everything other than red meat and in particular crave sushi

Not sure exactly what type of sushi you like, whether it be traditional or more americanized. Harney Sushi is pretty close to you and is a popular more American style sushi (think rolls). A more traditional sushi experience is Sushi Tadokaro which is very close to you as well. Very high quality, fresh fish.

If you’re an adventurous eater you’re not that far from one of my favorite places to eat in San Diego. Mien Trung. Probably the best Hue style cooking I’ve eaten (central vietnamese). Cash only. They specialize in Bun Bo Hue which is a spicy beef noodle soup with pork knuckle, thin sliced braised beef, fish cake and pork blood. DELICIOUS. It’s a real hole in the wall. They also do a killer crab tomato noodle soup and roast duck with bamboo noodle soup.

A cool brunch spot near you is Brooklyn Girl. Their fried chicken biscuits with gravy are tasty.

Awesome the Vietnamese place sounds worth a visit- tx for the Recs!