Gorgonzola Cream Gnocchi with Fresh Herbs

MAIN

Filet of Beef Oscar with Jumbo Lump Crabcakes with Asparagus and Bernaise

DESSERT

Bananas Foster with Cinnamon Vanilla Ice Cream and Homemade Poundcake

Hope you like it!!!

Chef Lisa

Lisa is a personal Chef in Vegas.

Probably looking for varietal suggestions, My daughter lives in vegas and I spec our source of wines will be from ToTal Wines… if u think of anything specific,

Thanks Doc Paully

how much you want to spend?

Master Sommelier’s final exam, in their nightmare.

I’m not sure if you’re interested in this but it looks to me like a meal where a few different Champagnes could work, maybe including a rosé and/or a slightly oxidative (Krug/Selosse) style.

For the dessert I think you should decide if you want wine at the same time or before/after. At the same time I might want something pretty forceful like PX Sherry or a sweet Madeira. After or before, anything you like.

Grab at many '55s as you can :slight_smile:

Funny and you are right, tough call.

JD

None of the dishes are exactly crying out with obvious wine pairings. Gorgonzola? Vinaigrette? Honey and chorizo?

I’m inclined to say open something you like which won’t be overpowered and have sparkling water on hand to cleanse your palate frequently.

Thanks…

I’m listening.

I doubt Total wine has any 55’s :slight_smile:,

Price… doubt I would pay more that 100$.

cheers

I had my 60th with my wife and 10 of my closest drinking buddies at Del Friscos for the monthly Leo’s Blind Tasting Group dinner (9/19/2011). I decided that you only live once, so I pulled some wines that I really wanted to drink. I recommend that you not worry about budget and make it memorable, because you will only reach that milestone once in your life. Here is my lineup:

Champagne
1996 Dom Perignon

White Flight #1
1990 Kistler Vine Hills Chardonnay
2005 Hospices de Beaune Meursault Genevrieres Hospices Auction Group
2009 Paumanok Grand Vintage Chardonnay

White Flight #2
1985 “Y” (a/k/a Ygrec) from Chateau Yquem
2002 Pape Clemant Blanc
2007 Araujo Eisele Vineyard Sauvignon Blanc

Red Flight #1
2002 Drouhin BCDM
1990 Corton Pougets Grand Cru
1990 Le Jeune Pommard Les Argilliers

Red Flight #2

1997 Jaboulet Hermitage La Chappelle DM – Decanted in the am with heavy air splash decant into another bottle and then left open all day, Recorked at about 5:30 pm
1997 Jaboulet Hermitage La Chappelle DM – poured to a bottle, air vacuum pumped out and left in cold wine fridge
1997 Jaboulet Hermitage La Chappelle DM – Left in the double magnum to “Audouze” and then poured into a 750 and recorked at about 5:30

Red Flight #3 (subtitled - Which of these wines in not get 100 pts from RMP)
2007 Saxum James Berry Vineyard
2003 Quilceda Creek Cabernet
2002 El Nido

Dessert
1875 Barbeito Malvasia Madeira
1983 d’Yquem

Sounds and looks wonderful Jay … Happy Back 60 to you btw.

Since I am heading to Vegas to be with the daughter, and Im arriving 1 day before the dinner, I have elected not to travel with anything from my cellar…

Last yr… I popped for Araujo’s SB… I think the 12. Most I have pd for a SB.