Vegas--where to eat?

other threads are old–where can we go now? Been to a lot of the top places, will be with the food savvy kids. LoS will be one night but a Saturday is open.

No, LoS is old, go to Chada instead for Thai. Bank will take care of you.

been to Chada but have a party of 12 the night before and LoS was picked by another for that night. Thought about Chada the next night but wife will rebel against Thai twice.

Gotcha. So you go to Chada night two and your wife is on her own! Maybe you can tell I am no longer married.

Bazaar Meats at SLS could easily handle 12. Much better than the LA location.

l’Altelier at MGM, if you haven’t been and are not 12.

Went to Kubuto last night. Great sushi place but small with only 10 seats at the counter and 3 tables.

we’ve done the LA Bazaar in SLS many times, was leaning toward L’Atelier.

Love l’Atelier.

Raku and Tacos El Gordo

yes, Tacos el Gordo is a must, though the one near the Wynn is gone.

not the same thing at all. Bazaar meats is a steak house.

didn’t know that. Will pass it past the clan.

Bazaar Meats is more than a steak house. Lots of pork dishes, too, including suckling pig. And, of course, Jose Andres’s signature foie gras wrapped in cotton candy appetizer. The beef carpaccio that is prepared table-side is outstanding.

Yardbird. Great in Miami, maybe as good in Vegas?

Really loved Raku last year.

It’s awesome, but tiny. I would stay away from the sushi. The Waygu was also nothing special. The fresh tofu is amazing, and I’m not a tofu fan. More like a fresh mozzarella.

The bacon wrapped tomatoes are perfect. Lots of good choices.

I’d return any time. It’s located in Chinatown.

Have not been to Miami but did love brunch at the Vegas location last February. Great cocktails there, too.

JD

really liked Atelier as well, and saw a party of 15 or so when i was there so they can handle it.

Best cocktails? Olives in Bellagio. They are huge in size, not price. Easily double the size of any other cocktails. And you get the fountain view even from the bar. Food there is just ok, so we go just to drink.

I’m interested in this as well. It’s been a couple of years since I was there with my wife. I was there alone a few months ago on business staying at the Cosmopolitan and had a very nice dinner at Milos. Great seafood, you basically choose your fish like in a market and then they prepare it for you. I would go back. I also ate at Julian Serrano across the street in Aria. It was also a nice dinner. I enjoyed interacting with the staff and had a lot of nice Sherries by the glass paired with very good tapas. Didn’t make it to LOS or Chada on the trip. I’ll probably be back in Vegas this year with my wife and I would like to try l’Atelier. I know Michael and trust his judgement. I’ve heard the same from other friends as well.

On another note, I’m wondering what’s going on with the Wynn restaurants. I thought Alex was the best high end place in Vegas back when it was open. I loved my meals there. I also enjoyed the Japanese place but it has changed since I was last there. Wing Lei is always solid if not exciting Chinese. You have to order the Chinese stuff of course. It seems that dining there is going sideways at best. Any recent info on the Wynn?