Restaurants in Mammoth Lakes

We’re going to be in Mammoth the first week of July. Does anyone have recommendations for places to eat?

We’ll be there a week with two kids (6 and 8). Just looking for some solid food – doesn’t have to be fancy. Best burger? Fish? Anything :slight_smile:

Thanks

Scott

Roberto’s has great “Mexican” food and their flour chips are delicious.

There’s a Chart House up there. Prices don’t quite match the food, IMO, but the food is really good.

New BBQ place in the village, but I haven’t tried it yet.

I’d avoid Laka Nuki (sp?) in the village. I haven’t been impressed either time I’ve eaten there.

Berger’s was always really solid, but I was really disappointed with my burger last month. Not sure what happened.

Slocums for steak. Always a good meal.

There’s a really nice place by Convict Lake, but I’m not sure how the kids would fare. It’s more of a “mom and dad have a night” type of place.

Unfortunately, there isn’t all that much up there as far as interesting or particularly note-worthy food.

My old buddy Fred (always Mammoth’s best chef my years there) is running Mammoth Rock 'n Bowl now. I’m sure the food is very good or better.

http://www.mammothrocknbowl.com/

With kids don’t miss Tioga Mobil station.

Convict Lake is a great night out, for adults +/- well-behaved children.

I forgot about the Rock n Bowl. I haven’t eaten there but my parents said it was really good.

Was there last week. Mammoth Brewery is a solid place with good food. Also heard that The Tavern is the best place at the moment.

Enjoy!

Awesome! On our way up. That’s lots of places to check out.

How come the Mobil is great for kids? We’re heading thru lee vining and will certainly stop.

Scott

Indoors & outdoors dining, always a zillion kids there. Trapeze too.

Forgot to post follow up. We went to:

Mobil – great sandwiches and a neat place

rock and bowl – really a blast a very, very good food.

Mammoth brewery – solid beers and surprisingly interesting and good food

The tavern – best food we had all week and great drinks

Giovanni’s pizza – amazingly it is nearly identical to the way it was 20 years ago

Nik and Willys pizza – surprisingly good

The restaurant at the Westin – not very good and quite expensive. Good drinks tho :slight_smile:

We’ll be back this summer so will update then

Thanks all!

Scott

Scott-

Sounds like you had an excellent trip.

For fine dining with full bar and an outstanding wine list, Petra’s Bistro in Mammoth is a must.

Mitch, the wine director, is a wine lover through and through. Always great for a chat about California vineyards, wine and wine culture. He even makes a blend himself called “Clesi”.

Mitch is a great guy, very knowledgable and enthusiastic. Miss glasses with him.

We must have walked right by it several times!

It looks great and a cool by the glass list. We will check it out this summer for sure.

Thanks

Scott