2015 Opinionated About Dining Results

Now that all of the lists have been announced, I thought it would make sense to post something here. This year OAD announced three different lists. I am posting the top 10 for each list and a link to the rest of the list. Please note that this year the U.S. and European lists are called Top 100+ and extend to 200 entries. It is also our inaugural Japanese list which includes a Top 30.

Top 100+ US

1. Saison
  2. Willows Inn
  3. Urasawa
  4. Manresa
  5. 'e by Jose Andres
  6. minibar
  7. Alinea
  8. Masa
  9. French Laundry
    10.Blue Hill at Stone Barns

[url]www.opinionatedaboutdining.com/2015/us.html[/2015 OAD Top 100+ U.S. Restaurants]

Top 100+ Europe

1. Azurmendi
  2. Troisgros
  3. Arpege
  4. In de Wulf
  5. Quique Dacosta Restaurant
  6. Alain Ducasse - Louis XV
  7. DIverxo
  8. Le Calandre
  9. Noma
    10.Etxebarri

[url]www.opinionatedaboutdining.com/2015/europe.html[2015 OAD Top 100+ European Restaurants]

Top 30 Japan

1. Sushi Saito
  2. Matsukawa
  3. Michel Bras Toya
  4. Sushi Sawada
  5. Jimbocho Den
  6. Hajime
  7. Hyotei
  8. Sukiyabashi Jiro Roppongi
  9. Ryugin
    10.Ishikawa

[url]www.opinionatedaboutdining.com/2015/Japanese.html[/2015 OAD Top 30 Japan]

Nobody has replied so far but – I love seeing Manresa on the American list.

And while I haven’t managed to dine at the French Laundry – the cookbook is killer and Keller is God.

McCrady’s at #15 is criminal and sure to disappoint many unsuspecting diners. It is amazing how far hype can get a restaurant.

My son’s best friend, who I have known since he was 8 years old, was married there and was nice enough to invite us. They are foodies and wanted great food, so just think about going to a Top 10 restaurant for a wedding. A lot of the food, including many of the vegetables, is grown on site.

The wedding food:

Deconstructed Caesar Salad:

Lobster Bisque:

Beef with smoked pork belly and fresh beans from the garden:

Jay,

If you happen to have Netflix, check out a series called Chef’s Table. There’s an episode (#2, I believe) about the chef. Very good series and a strong episode.

Deconstructed Ceasar Salad? Shouldn’t that have at least one ingredient in a Ceasar Salad?

Checking out Etxebarri soon.