Swineapple

Bacon-wrapped pineapple stuffed with boneless ribs. Want.

I want. Need to know how this is made stat

NICCCCEEE !

That cries out for a side of Fries Quatro Queso dos Fritos:

You know, the ones where they inject potatoes with a four cheese mixture, fry them three quarters of the way, pull them out, batter them, fry them again, and then serve them with bacon and an ancho chili sour cream.

Googled it. The poster of the original photo wrote, “Hollow out pineapple. Shove meat in the hole. Smother it in spices. Smoke at 240 for 5 hours.”

Swineapple glaze:

http://www.amazon.com/Tennessee-Whiskey-Swineapple-Glaze-16oz/dp/B00G3TWZ4G

I plan to try this weekend. I do have trouble believing that the pineapple is this “fresh” looking after 4-5 hours in a smoker, but what do I know? Will report back.

Jaw just dropped when I saw it. Do they smoke it with the bacon on the entire time? Back ribs or spare ribs?

Apparently not as easy as it looks. I’m still skeptical…

boneless country style ribs

more info from original picture guy here.

Shave the pineapple but leave the top and bottom, lay on its side and about an inch in on both sides cut halfway down then with a long blade slice from point to point. Hollow out the desired amount of pineapple. Season your meat with any of your favorite seasonings. A more course rub is better. Put the cut piece back on. To look like a complete pineapple again. Light dust the pineapple with seasoning. Fully wrap it with thick cut bacon. Not just lay it on top. I set it on the smoker @ 240 and sprayed it with apple juice about every 20-30 minutes to keep the bacon moist and colorful. You can change the meat to boneless chicken thighs and get the same results. Alot of people have said the pineapple over tenderized the meat when they tried it. I did not personally have that issue but I would check internal temp about 2 hours into smoking. Once you hit 160 it is up to you of when to pull it.