Restaurant options in or around Long Beach?

Last minute, here, but we’re going to do Mothers Day celebration Sat night in Long Beach since we’ll be at a dance convention with the kids all weekend, and they start at 7:30 am every morning. I’m discovering that Long Beach is not exactly a culinary mecca, and while we’re staying at the Convention Center, I’m game to driving to where we can get a nice meal that is fancy enough for Jen (with a cool, contemporary vibe preferably) but not stuffy for the kids. Ideas??

I always seek Cambodian in Long Beach. Phnom Penh Noodle and Little La Lune are both on Cherry at the PCH. Probably not nice enough for you but tasty nonetheless.

I like Open Sesame on 2nd. Casual Lebanese place. It can be crowded tho.

Agree Joe, fantastic casual Lebanese and its right across the street from us ! They are expanding once again taking the space next door, they are always packed. Also on 2nd St is Tavern on 2, really good gastro pub fair, great Tap list and decent wines, kid friendly, then there is Zimmzys which is also a gastropub with really good food and great beers, 40+ taps, and a pretty decent wine list, very casual, kid friendly and also very crowded.

Cheers,

Bud

What is the corkage at open sesame, recommended recently and the girlfriend wants to try? thanks.