What's Bojangles Like?

I’ve never had it.

As an aside, does the name conjure up any positive or negative images?

I live in an area without any Bojangles. We eat Popeyes and Canes. That being said, I recall eating at a Bojangles on a family trip years ago and it was good. I was ten, FWIW.

I knew a man Bojangles. I met him in a cell in New Orleans. I was down and out. He grabbed his pants for a better stance. Then I kicked his ass. I did some extra time for that, but I don’t regret it.

We have Popeyes in our neighborhood. I tried a Bojangles years ago and it seemed like decent but unexciting fried chicken. For me the name conjures up Fred Astaire in Swing Time. Interesting article on that sequence here:

Good fast food breakfast place. Nothing more, nothing less

Not saying you should regret it, but that was a pretty mean thing to do to a guy whose dog up and died.

Granted, it was 20 years prior, but he was still grieving.

I think I’ve seen it…but not sure where.

There is a terrific “Bojangles” Robinson statute in Richmond, VA that we once stopped to take pix of. He’s a native son…though not of the city of New Orleans.

I wonder if he originated the name?

Bojangles is my favorite fast food chain for fried chicken and for breakfast (though for a potato side at breakfast, get fries and not the highly processed Botato Rounds). I prefer the chicken to Popeyes because I often find Popeyes too greasy, though not as bad as Church’s or KFC. Very good biscuits for a chain, though I’m bitter that the EggBo biscuit (country ham, egg, and cheese) is no longer a specific menu item.

Now that I think of it, the only times I’ve had Bojangles fried chicken have been in the Charlotte airport. I don’t know how representative that would be - the chicken was only so-so. Very greasy.

Thanks. I was just curious because their IPO comes out next week. Usually I stay away from restaurant IPOs like the plague, but the valuation on this one caught my eye.

Good food, good biscuits, cajun filet biscuit is really good. Really great green beans. Good fried chicken, good roasted chicken bites if you want the healthier side.

When i only have fast food options, and I don’t want 10,000 calories, I enjoy the roasted chicken bites with green beans.

This question has haunted me for years as I’ve driven by a Bojangles twice a year on Rt. 13 on the Delmarva Peninsula. Guess I gotta stop in now…It’s a sign

What should Darian get?

If he is healthy, then the grilled chicken bites with green beans.

If calories aren’t a big worry, then either the cajun filet biscuit (yummy) or some fried chicken with a biscuit and a side.

Well, I am healthy, but the word “healthy” leaves my vocabulary when you visit a place like Bojangles. If you’re gonna experience a restaurant (i use this term lightly) for the first time, you gotta go for the gold! What’s the point of watching your weight in a place like that?

I grew up in Bojangles land. Popeyes would be the better.

I checked…there are none within 25 miles of Philadelphia, PA. No wonder I didn’t know anything about the place.

Was great for hangovers when I was at the University of Tennessee in the mid 80s :slight_smile: Loved the spicy chicken and dirty rice.

Well yes, I was certainly using it loosely.

I grew up in Popeye’s land and thought it was awful. Has it improved recently?