Cheesecake Factory

Required to take the children tomorrow, only been once in Miami and I forget the food beyond the ridiculously large menu.

Any suggestions?

I’ll resist the urge to make a snarky comment and simply state that the salads are actually pretty good.

cause they are 2000 calories of deliciousness.

They used to have an orange chicken that was pretty good too. I actually don’t think their food is bad, it’s just really unhealthy.

Portions are huge. I think with many entrees you can get a smaller size though. Haven’t been in many a moon.

Thai lettuce wraps are pretty good.

Yes even the lunch sized portion of the Chinese chicken salad was huge, not bad. Kids enjoyed it, which was the point.

Interestingly the restaurant had by far the greatest proportion of UAE nationals dining I had ever seen, around 50%.

Their Tuna Tataki Salad is kind of my go-to when I’m in a second-tier city on business travel and want something healthy/good/consistent (dressing on the side and skipping the bread).

Their luncheon salads always provide an extra portion when we get home for dinner.

UAE nationals? Are they wearing a sign?

Their breads display an amazing lack of flavor, anyway. Like the salads, though.

Dan, they generally wear national dress in public, as do most from GCC countries, but one can often spot the differences between countries (Omani’s wear a small cap instead of the keffiyeh - normal headdress, then there are smaller differences). With the ladies it’s not as clear but there are clues.

Robert, funny you say that, the baguette had a very fine texture but an odd flavour, or lack of.

Second tier city?

Elitist one percenter?

Love the meatloaf with sucotash.

I recently mastered the art of being able to tell Asian people apart. Now I have something new to learn.

I confess to going here with family on occasion, and even bringing home take-out. We order the Cobb or Santa Fe salads (which can feed at least 2 people, more once my son went away to college). And the Avocado Egg Rolls. Because, well, they have avocado! Haven’t been in a couple years, now that both kids are out of the house, but I will hit a CF in a pinch if traveling on business.

proud to say- I have never been or even asked to go.

The next time I make it to NYC, let’s do a doubleheader of The Cheesecake Factory and Guy’s American Kitchen & Bar.