Cornish hen dish for wine geeks

Any suggestions for a cornish/rock hen dish that works really well with wine? Liking the idea of a baked stuffed version.

dice a shallot, couple mushrooms, and the hen’s liver–cook in some butter till softened. Make Uncle Ben’s long grain and wild rice–mix the liver /shallot/mushroom mixture into the rice and stuff bird cavity. Season w ground sage, garlic powder, pepper, salt, and some paprika, pats of butter on bird. Roast at 350-375 for 60-70 min, basting occasionally. Goes great w red and white Burgs.

Thanks for the suggestions Alan. I cooked the hens the day before you posted this. Your recipe sounds great. Most of the recipes I found included sauces and no stuffing and that’s what I tried, but it was only good, not great. It was a cranberry based sauce. And I forget which wine I opened, so it was forgettable. Next time I do hens, I’ll try yours.

Similar to Alan, I stuff it with a base of wild rice and occasionally add little dried fruit. For seasoning, I just heavily salt the exterior to get a nice crisp skin. Also similar to Alan, I usually have a Burg with it.

Best Cornish hen I have tasted was at an Italian restaurant that stuffed the birds with spinach, pine nuts and mild Italian sausage.