Nashville and Surrounding area Eats?????

I will be in Nashville March 13-15th. I am hoping the assembled board can offer some excellent suggestions on places where we should eat! Wine is not the focus the food and experience is. Also fine dining is not the quest but getting a real feel of the area and any gems that are there. thanks in Advance for the help

lots of places in 12 South

also, there is a pop up on the Saturday you are there
http://www.popnashville.com/calender/2015/2/12/russian-pop-dinner-party

Etch. Great food, decent list and they are fine with corkage. Then hit Roberts for some music.

Cat Bird Seat, City House and Adele’s (pretty much in that order) in the last year were places I’d definitely return.

JD

Hot chicken at 400 Degrees or Hot Stuff.

City House
Husk
Etch
Rolf and Daughters

Pinewood Social for a drink.

Hattie B’s for hot chicken.

In Franklin there is Cork and Cow and I enjoyed Gray’s On Main the 1 time I was there.

I haven’t been but I would assume Catbird is the top place in town.

Burger Up is good.

Jason

Cat Bird Seat is excellent. Go there if you can get a reservation. They do allow corkage. $20 IIRC

George

Loved Rolf and Daughters - excellent food, cocktails and interesting wine (dessert was just OK).

Larry…My thoughts on a few of the suggestions and a few more:

City House - Checks the box for food and experience.
Etch - Good food, but I personally find the environment nothing special.
Catbird Seat - Haven’t been, but I’m not a “foodie.”
Husk - Nothing special; again, just my opinion.
Rolf and Daughters - Have heard good things.
Lockeland Table - A personal favorite; great food and love the place.
Butchertown Hall - Just opened mid-February and folks are loving it.
Pinewood Social - Agree on above comment to come for a cocktail.
Moto/Kayne Prime/Virago/Saint Anejo (MStreet) - Grouping of restaurants; often good sometimes great; same can be said for the clientele

There are others…seems like we have 2-3 new restaurants opening weekly. 400 Degrees and Burger Up are good recs too.

I need to be a little more informative. My wife and daughter (11) will be with me. My daughter Eats very well everything from Sushi to BBQ to Mac and Cheese. So I am looking to show her and my wife regional favorites. Love the Hot chicken recommendation also had a friend say Arnolds. So if you think along those line that’s what i am shooting for. It can Be anywhere we are going to be in Nashville, Franklin and at the Ford Ice Center. So let’em rip thanks for all the help so far.

Martin’s For BBQ. jack’s downtown is also good if you want BBQ before going honky tonking

Prince’s or Hattie B’s for hot chicken

Swett’s for classic southern meat and three (better than Arnold’s and there is plenty of seating)

City house or mad platter in Germantown

Margot or lockland table in east Nashville

Flyte for downtown farm to table. Corkage friendly and a decent wine list. Ask for Scott or Will as your waiter

Kanye (pronounced Cain) for steaks

The biscuit house or the loveless for breakfast. I grew up on a farm near the loveless, it’s become a little too touristy, but the food still rocks.

Midtown cafe is excellent as is table 3- both have more of a bistro type feel.

Grey’s and red pony are the best in downtown franklin.

Until recently I was working for a Nashville company so I was splitting time between there and OC. Lots of good eats, though I was usually dining solo which altered my choices a bit. I’ll add another +1 for Rolf and Daughters and City House. Loveless is indeed touristy and the waits can be ridiculous, but it’s worth doing. Tavern (also owned by MStreet, like Kayne Prime, Virago, etc.) has my favorite burger in the world – I always add white cheddar and green chile. I drink beer there, not wine. Patterson House is fun for cocktails more than food. I like the cocktails at the bar at Merchant’s on Broadway too, and the food is pretty good. I ended up eating at the bar at the Hermitage Hotel quite a bit too.

No way you’ll be able to get into Catbird on this short of notice unless there is a cancelation.

Try Porter Road Butcher West location for breakfast or lunch, its a great spot and amazing food and meats.

Thank you all for the great suggestions. We have returned from a fantastic trip to Nashville/Franklin and here is the report: Got in late late late Friday Night (heavy rains) so no meal as planned. Saturday we had an appointment at 8am in Franklin so not much we could do. Lunch however was at Monell’s in German town. Awesome family style meal with an ever changing menu (changed during our meal as they ran out of something) I think this is what they call a meat and 3 place? it was great. the town was packed and jumping since the SEC championships were there this explains the lack of room and the high prices! We had to so a mid afternoon meal or preeveing meal was at Hattie B great as well pretty straight froward. Late supper was at Russ and Daughters this was perfect and great food (thanks for all the thumbs up on this you were all right on the money). Breakfast at The Biscuit House It was local and fine the food was good no raves but serviceable. We were hoping to stay for Lunch but needed to get so that ended the tour. Thanks again!

If you want biscuits in Nashville, check out Biscuit Love.

The Catbird Seat definitely lived up to their lofty status. Great meal there last Friday night preceeded by a cocktail at The Patterson House. I also heeded the advice of the chefs at The Catbird Seat and grabbed a cheeseburger and wings at Pat Martin’s on Saturday. Yes, the Catbird Seat chefs swear by a cheeseburger from a BBQ joint and, I gotta say, it was damn good burger.

Okay, like an idiot, I booked our 1st trip to Nashville during a large country music festival. Thankfully though, restaurant reservations have not been a problem.

So far, I have dinners booked at Catbird, City House, and Rolf and Daughters. Saturday brunch at Josephine.

We are staying on Belmont Blvd near 12 South. Is Uber and/or taxi an option during the festival or should we get a rental car? If rental car, what is parking like?

I will definitely hit a hot chicken place and probably one of the meat and 3s for lunch. Any other can’t miss for lunch? I’m leaning towards Porter Road Butcher West.

As far as my dinner choices, should I replace any of them with Sinema or another place?

Must sees?

Best wine shop(s)?

Nashville has Uber Black, SUV and regular Uber. I have never had an issue getting a car anywhere downtown. I don’t know if the country music festival will push them in to surge pricing, I would just watch out for that but I think you will be fine.

Had a very good meal at Silo a few weeks ago. $20 corkage which was nice. Good wine service. I would also suggest http://www.wineshoppegreenhills.com/ for wines. Very well chosen selection of Burgundy including some big name GC. Prices are very reasonable.

George

I’ve wanted to try Hattie B’s Hot Chicken for a while.