Does anyone watch Masterchef Junior?

By far my favorite show on tv. These kids are 7-13 years old (I think that is the range) and can do things I could never dream of. Other things I like (1) You see the nicer side of Gordon Ramsay, (2) they really seem to have fun, even in competition, and (3) I love how these kids root for each other. While each of them really wants to win, almost all seem to hate when someone loses. it’s really cool.

Season 3 (?) ends tomorrow. I’ve watched all of them and enjoyed them very much.

I watch it with my girlfriend. I like the fact that the show is a bit more about cooking than about personalities (Top Chef) and not about being as mean and nasty as possible (everything else Gordon Ramsay is in). That said, I like some kids more than others. That Oona girl from last season was amazing and lived Riley this year. OTOH, I seem to hate all the chubby males – Alexander (season 1)was a douchebag, that kid who lost in the final of season 2 was an ass and in having a hard time warming up to Andrew this season.

Yep, Oona is still my wife favorite contestant EVER. This year was 8 year old Riley. But I agree, I rooted against Andrew, and the big kid last year, whatever his name was.

Season 2 was Samuel, seems the biggest, oldest boy is the not so friendly one in the bunch.

Glad the kid with the fake glasses finally got the axe! He looked like he came right out of central casting.

Oona was adorable. I wanted to adopt her, she was so freaking precocious. Loved her.

Kid with the fake glasses? Oh you mean Graham?

this kid
Screen Shot 2015-02-23 at 8.16.26 PM.png

Fake.

George

He was a spaz! Was good to see Nathan beat Andrew. Nathans lamb chop looked ridiculous

I loved this show! And Oona, she should have her own cooking show!

Nathan was far more likable (humble, especially about his means) and a better technical chef too. Whenever there’s discussion about cooking with love (Andrew), it means the food ain’t great and I end up hating the contestant (see Top Chef contestants Carla Hall and Art Smith).

Just an adorable little girl.

[video]Masterchef Junior S02E01-Chef Ramsay Already Perdicting A Winner.mp4 - YouTube

So glad Nathan won … he had the heart and the skills.

And adore Oona - thanks for the reminder!

I am going to give a dissenting vote for this show. After watching a half season once, I simply didn’t care for it. Sure the kids can be adorable and they are very good cooks for their age, but there is something about reality shows with kids that seems even more contrived than the adult versions.

But that is just my opinion.

k.

My girlfriend loves the different cooking shows like this. I wish i could cook half as well

I watch but it seems very unrealistic. I think they give the kids cooking classes prior to each show so they can practice the techniques prior to having to execute them with no cookbooks, etc. I just wish they were more upfront about the coaching “process” rather than trying to make them all like like savants.

There’s no question that they are instructing the children. I think it seems like better tv if these kids are all seen as savants, though personally I think hat seeing the tutoring would be interesting.

I also wouldn’t be surprised if they gave the kids the general “topics/themes” prior to their arrival so that the kids could develop recipes/menus and practice them even before showing up. One of the boys on this past season is a couple grades ahead of my son at his school and so we know the family - will have to ask at some point and see what they say. He did a great job for a few episodes but I believe was “taken out” by being paired with the crazy kid with the fake glasses (I missed that episode) - tough break when when you get paired with the kid who is only there for the entertainment/wild card factor…